Army of Darkness 2

Tools    

My name's Bobby Peru, like the country.
It seems that Sam Raimi is set to return to the helm of the franchise that made him with Bruce Campbell to reprise the role of Ash.
I guess this was in the rumor mill for a while but recently Campbell seemed to confirm that it is actually going into production......

...anyone as excited as i am? thoughts thoughts

As a fan of the original films and the reboot I am really looking forward to this if it does indeed happen. There was talk of a sequel to the reboot too and then a third sequel that would somehow have Mia and Ash's stories both intermingle in the same universe, which I think would be a cool way to round off the movie series. As for Army Of Darkness 2, well more Bruce/Ash can only be a good thing!

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I'll absolutely watch it, but for me to love it, it would absolutely have to maintain the feel of Army of Darkness - with a bigger emphasis on humor than on horror - and would have to do it well.

I say keep the emphasis on horror -- these people can never make funny movies.

I say why the hell not? Keep the funny. But more gore, please. I'd love to see how ridiculous it'd get. On the other hand, much of the campiness of the others came from the **** budget, and now he'd get seriuos money to make it. Anywho, yeah, do it!

It'd be weird to see Ash like this though

If they give a role to Tobey Maguire (because he was in Raimi's Spider-Man movies), I'm there.

I say keep the emphasis on horror -- these people can never make funny movies.
Army of Darkness is hilarious and if they're going to call it Army of Darkness 2 then it needs to stay in keeping with the first AOD. And Tobey Maguire as Ash or any other AOD character would be wrong on so many levels. Even more wrong than Maguire as Spiderman was.

I have heard this rumor for years. When they post pics I will believe it then.

But as to my feelings if they do do it, I hope they keep to the feel of the first Army of Darkness. And me being a faithful fan, I will see it. I just hope it is better then Crystal Skulls.

Army of Darkness is hilarious and if they're going to call it Army of Darkness 2 then it needs to stay in keeping with the first AOD. And Tobey Maguire as Ash or any other AOD character would be wrong on so many levels. Even more wrong than Maguire as Spiderman was.
No, no, no -- of course not as Ash. That's gonna be Bruce Campbell, of course.

No, he can be someone else. Maybe one of the evil dead. That would be cool.

donno about this bruce cambell said it wasnt heppening