The Matrix

Tools    

I have a work to do for school about The Matrix I have 9 questions if some of you could help me it would be nice haha

1- What does the Matrix represents

2- What does the blue and red pills that Morpheo gives to Neo represents

3- Why does Neo eyes hurt after going out of his egg

4- What is the definition of the real according to Morpheus

5- What does the spoon experience shows

6 What does Cypher represents? What is his role?

7- What is the role of agent Smith and what does he represents

8- At the end of the film, Neo is using an attitude thay is used by Plato, what is it?

9- What does the Oracle say to Neo about his futur? And what does she tell him to not forget

The questions were originally in French I translated them the best I could. Thanks to the person who'd help me haha

Wow. Maybe you should just try watching the flick. Eh? Eh?!?

I have a work to do for school about The Matrix I have 9 questions if some of you could help me it would be nice haha

Answer - Technology becoming mankind's eventual downfall.

Answer - Not aware of any significance.

Answer - He's never opened them In the real world.

Answer - Well, he says in the film that reality is merely electrical signals processed by our brains. And with the recent development of robotic implants and nano-technology, it would seem the fake world of the Matrix is not that far beyond our technological capability to create.

Answer - Maybe, that there are things in the world that will always be unchangeable.

Answer - He represents peoples dependence on the Matrix, on artificial stimulus, rather then facing reality.

Answer - Metaphorically, he is a computer virus.

8- At the end of the film, Neo is using an attitude thay is used by Plato, what is it?

Answer - If you mean the Philosopher, I haven't got a clue.

9- What does the Oracle say to Neo about his futur? And what does she tell him to not forget

Answer - Not sure.

Hope this helped.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
What school do you go to? I wanna send them our answers so they can compare.

Suspect's Reviews

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
If you take the Blue Pill, you'll get quick answers from MoFo and be on your merry way

If you take the Red Pill, you'll read Neuromancer by William Gibson,
and see just how deep the rabbit hole goes

I'm not old, you're just 12.
[/i]

Answer - Metaphorically, he is a computer virus.
If we're talking about the first Matrix, Smith was not a computer virus. He was actually kind of like a firewall, protecting the Matrix from intruders. He wasn't a virus until Matrix Reloaded after his programming was destroyed by Neo, and he came back to infect the system he once protected.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Unfortunately, no one can be told what the Matrix is. You have to see it for yourself.

You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.

Supposedly the red pill represents "truth, nothing more".

Neo: Why do my eyes hurt?
Morpheus: You've never used them before.

If real is what you can feel, smell, taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain

There is no spoon

You need me, I'm the bad guy... oh wait, no, that's Scarface. I guess you can't answer all of these with quotes from the film after all. He's the bad guy. The traitor. But he's also Neo, if Trinity didn't fancy him and he got tired of the ship, being cold, eating the same ******* goop everyday...

Never send a human to do a machine's job. Also the bad guy. The nemesis. The machine in man vs. machine.

Google The Matrix and Plato's Cave

I think this is a straightforward case of 'you have to see it for yourself'.

1. The Matrix represents a subtle system of enslavement; "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."
2. The blue pill is blissful ignorance. The red pill is a means of awakening Neo's true self - literally and figuratively.
3. He'd been asleep all his life.
4. Besides the obvious quote, Morpheus might say reality is something you just feel for yourself, a sense of orientation, good/bad, right/wrong, up/down, inside/outside. He seemed to suggest there's a deep inner "voice" that points out what's false or true and it's up to us whether to ignore or follow it.
5. Some rules can be bent. Others broken.
6. Cypher is sort of Neo's opposite, seeking a return to the Matrix and an easy illusory life. He represents a weakness in human character - desire to pursue personal satisfaction at any cost.
7. Smith's an Agent of the status quo but later becomes something more complex - an instability in the Matrix.
8. "Enlightenment", having seen what's "outside"?
9. I forgot...
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

A: Control, Slavery and modern society

A: The illusion of a choice

A: He has newer used them before..

A: Reality is what you think it is. It's an illusion.

A: If you know the rules, you can bend them.

A: Someone who is happy by not knowing things, but realized it only after he knows them. (i.e. clueless makes you happy)

A: He is the antivirus programm of the Matrix and therefore the main opponent of Neo. Being intelligent, he also develops his own interests, which is not to have to deal with humans again.

A: don't remember

A: It depends on which scene. But in general she tells him that he is not the one. And that he will break the vase and he should not worry.

School? I wish my school had analyzed movies.

Slave labour and being out of control of your life. As Neo says, he doesn't believe in an actual Set Destiny.

This is a theme that runs throughout the whole trilogy. Choice/Freedom Vs Set Destiny.
Neo has to choose and then later learns that he must understand the choices he makes.
The Oracle explains this theme to him in the second film by saying he has no real choice in anything, because he has already made the choices, he now must understand why he makes them.

Because he is now using his real eyes... his real body has never been awake so his eyes hurt from the light. Rather much like when you wake up in the morning and daylight hurts your eyes.

The Real is basically human perception. Electrical signals interpreted by your brain: sight, smell taste and touch.

It shows to Neo that everything he is experiencing in The Matrix digital world doesn't actually exist.

Two things. One is that of a simple villain who wants back into the digital world as he hates the real world.
Secondly, Cypher is an example of the Set Destiny thing. If Neo is The One, then there is no way Cypher could pull the plug... yet something happens that stops him, pointing to the fact that Neo may actually have a Set Destiny after all.

He represents in simple form: the opposite of Neo. The Matrix programming trying to level itself out through the Set Destiny thing. If Neo hadn't destroyed Smith in the first film, Super Smith couldn't exist... another throwback to the Choice Vs Destiny theme.

The overall Choice theme. This time it's simply that everyone is borne into slavery and has no control over anything they do as it is all predetermined (Set Destiny).
Neo vows to break this, unknowingly though, the choice he makes to break the machines' control is also predetermined. Making his action pointless in a way.

9- What does the Oracle say to Neo about his futur? And what does she tell him to
not forget
This sounds more like a trivia question and I haven't watched the films for yonks so I can't remember what she tells him not to forget.
I think his future is explained that he is not The One, and will end up seeing Morpheus die to defend him as Morpheus absolutely believes that Neo is The One... Neo must make the Choice to either save himself, or save Morpheus.
Another is that Neo has already made the choice whether to save Trinity or not and must understand why he has made that choice.
Again, these are the Choice Vs Set Destiny theme.

The entire Matrix franchise is a faux-philosophy based loosely on Buddhism, Christianity and Descartes.

Neo-Platonism plays a major role though.
Neo-Platonism: Neo
The One is also a theory of Neo-Platonism... "The One" in Neo-Platonism is God. Though in The Matrix this idea is slightly twisted.
Nous, another Neo-Platonist theory is that the mind is connected to The One (God)... again, in the films this is twisted to a more modern sense by using Humans with actual plugs in the backs of their heads that are a direct connection to The Matrix mainframe.

Another theory that runs heavily in Neo-Platonism is Idealism. A derivative of Idealism is also used in the films: The Architect says that they created a perfect world yet it was rejected by the Human mind because of the illusion of Choice, or lack of.