What if kubrick would have directed artificial intelligence?

Tools    

Sure it is. It's a little pithy, but I'm (mostly) serious. It's hard to speculate about the many, many ways it would've been different, but if we relegate the possibilities to using the same basic material, themes and scenes in Spielberg's version, I think he ends it on the poignant (if depressing) note of David sitting at the bottom of the ocean, pleading with the Blue Fairy, forever.

you take it away... to show them what they had
I am very interested in these kind of things. Like, what are the differences between this director after another? what makes a great director "great"?
For example, how 2001: A Space Odyssey would look like if Nolan was directing it. He seems to like Pseudoscience. Nolan is such a bad director IMO, but still.

you take it away... to show them what they had
Sure it is. It's a little pithy, but I'm (mostly) serious. It's hard to speculate about the many, many ways it would've been different, but if we relegate the possibilities to using the same basic material, themes and scenes in Spielberg's version, I think he ends it on the poignant (if depressing) note of David sitting at the bottom of the ocean, pleading with the Blue Fairy, forever.
This finish was Kubrick's idea and the people who worked with him, including Spielberg, thought it is a bad idea but Kubrick said that's how he wants it to be.

This finish was Kubrick's idea and the people who worked with him, including Spielberg, thought it is a bad idea but Kubrick said that's how he wants it to be.
Hmmm, first I've heard that. Where did you read this? I'd be interested in hearing more.

It would have loads of sex scenes.

I am very interested in these kind of things. Like, what are the differences between this director after another? what makes a great director "great"?
For example, how 2001: A Space Odyssey would look like if Nolan was directing it. He seems to like Pseudoscience. Nolan is such a bad director IMO, but still.
Nolan is amazing for me.... He is one the best in this decade at least.

he would have if he wasent dead before the shooting started.

now that's an Interesting thought.
I hated the film but I would like to believe that Kubrick directing might have helped, but I doubt it.