The Counselor

Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
It has Fassbender, so it's a must see for me.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

looks incredible. The cast is great

C'mon, get in here *opens arms for a hug*
Don't know if you can go wrong with the combo of Cormac McCarthy and Ridley Scott. Pitt's Plan B has a decent track record. I'm hoping for the best on this one.

This movie looks so awesome! Can't wait to see.

After reading/watching some reviews, it seems this movie is absolutely horrible. Such a shame for Ridley Scott and the cast...
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

Finished here. It's been fun.
After reading/watching some reviews, it seems this movie is absolutely horrible. Such a shame for Ridley Scott and the cast...
Yeah it's a shame. I still have to see it for myself to truly get an opinion on it. But it really sucks that such a talented cast and director weren't enough to make this movie good. I think Mr. Scott is a bit past his prime if I'm being completely honest. I'm genuinely scared that the Blade Runner sequel he's working on is going to be awful.

My enthusiasm for this faded big time once I saw the full trailer. Way too much style over substance it seems. I'll still watch it-with lesser hopes.

Saw the trailer at the cinema last night. Looks good, I'll definitely be checking it out at some point. Not the biggest Ridley Scott fan lately but I actually liked Prometheus, unlike some. And it's got Fassbender, Bardem and Pitt - three actors who are on top of their game right now.

^ I'm with you there, I enjoyed Prometheus a lot too. However, this film doesn't appeal to me at all so will not be rushing to see it, especially with Cameron Diaz, not a fan of her.

My name's Bobby Peru, like the country.
And it's got Fassbender, Bardem and Pitt - three actors who are on top of their game right now.
I'll agree with ya on Fassbender and Bardem but i believe Pitt may be past his prime..for reasons unknown, Pitt in the 90's was a great actor but IMO he stoped acting after Oceans 11 or Mr. and Mrs. Smith..Just seems like regular old Brad Pitt in those movies. (and no i did not like his performance in Inglorious Bastards)

I'll agree with ya on Fassbender and Bardem but i believe Pitt may be past his prime..for reasons unknown, Pitt in the 90's was a great actor but IMO he stoped acting after Oceans 11 or Mr. and Mrs. Smith..Just seems like regular old Brad Pitt in those movies. (and no i did not like his performance in Inglorious Bastards)
What about his performances in Killing Them Softly and Moneyball?

Killing Them Softly i actually did like and a breath of fresh air for Pitt, thats why im excited to see his new line of movies that are being made.
Moneyball i have not seen yet but judging from the trailers it looks like the same lackluster performance.

Well Pitt was nominated for an Oscar, BAFTA, Golden Globe, Screen Actor's Guild Award and received multiple other nominations and awards for his role in Moneyball. Make all the judgements you want from the trailer, but I've seen the film and his performance is far from lackluster.

Also, I forgot to mention Tree of Life.

Obviously an Oscar nomination is a good merrit of performance, although i usually dont agree with awards such as those. still its all about opinion right?

Im not saying Pitt can't act it just seems that he narrowed his scope wayy wayy down.

His characters in True Romance, Kalifornia and 12 Monkeys are all distinct from each other also flims like Seven, Fight club and The Devils Own he was great in.

These are the kind of roles i want to see him start taking again.