DonnieDarkos, Top 50 Worse films

→ in
Tools    

Inspired by many others, as a listaholic I am posting my top 50 worse films. Most of these are recent trash movies, some are largely unknown (thankfully), and there are some extremely critically acclaimed that I just hated. I'll be posting 10 a day so this doesn't drag on, and since I've already done rants for a chunk of these movies.

Lets start

50. Love and Other Drugs

How did Gyllenhaal go from Donnie Darko to this in less than a decade? I mean this was a real drool, the romantic value was zero and the comedy value was in the negatives.

49. Dante's Peak

Awful dialogue, awful acting, and crummy special effects.

48. The Crush

About a pedophile who can't resist his urges. What do you need more?

47. Somebody Told me About Carla Bruni

It's a TV movie I stumbled across, and that's legit the only picture I could find for it. It was like watching paid advertising for 90 mins.

46. Two Tons Turquoise To Taos Tonight

It's a shame to include a film from Robert Downey Sr. since I respect his satire, but this was nothing more than a home movie.

45. Surf Nazis Must Die

The film doesn't even live up to its name. It didn't have any action, and that black mom was one of the worse actresses ever.

44. Troll 2

I'll piss on your Blu ray player so you won't watch this.

43. Cannibal! The Musical

I believe it's by one of the South Park creators. And I will admit I laughed hard at the beastiality joke, but before and after that this film is so boring.

42. RV

If you've seen it, you know why it's here.

41. Viva Maria!

Louis Malle tried to do thirty different things here, none of them worked.

I like Dante's Peak, but I have a thing for disaster movies. I really liked The Crush. That's a good Poison Ivy clone.

I'm tempted to + rep you for Viva Maria!, but that's just one film, while you have two films on there that I like, so I won't.

Quiet a few films that are loved by some MoFos on this set; I think there's a couple we can all agree on though.

40. Eyes Wide Open

Watched this because it was nominated for the MoFo tournament, way to pessimistic and un relatable.

39. Halloween

The biggest let down I've ever experienced. Being a fan of slashers I picked this up, and I never jumped or laughed. It was Un-realistic too.

38. Of Mice and Men

Diskliked the book, hated the movie for the same reasons. Got repetitive fast.

37. The people Under The Stairs

Wes Cravens film can scare the crap out of no one.

36. The Third Wheel

Shame to see such a good cast go to waste on such a cliche comedy.

35. Mysterious Skin

Pedophilia and rape are bad, right? We've all established this, can I make that assumption? Great now go watch a disturbing and vile film that'll show you in detail why it's bad.

34. The Prestige

I fell asleep, woke up right before the end, and fell asleep again as it finished.

33. I'm a Cyborg But That's Ok

This actually had an intresting premise but it got so ridiculously weird, so suddenly too. Felt like Bollywood

32. Teeth

Feminism, woo-hoo!

31. Panormal Activity 2

I actually kind of liked the first one, I didn't know I'd rewatch it when I rented the second one. I haven't seen any of them since.

I have seen Dante's Peak few times during my childhood since it was a popular film to show on TV.Don't remember anything about it now,though but I think I wouldn't consider it bad.

Agree on The Prestige,didn't fall asleep but I don't find it great like many people do.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Again, I like or even love all these movies. The only one I haven't seen is The Third Wheel. I won't argue with you about Paranormal 2. They all are kind of the same movie, but I can't help but like them, because they still scare me. People Under the Stairs is pretty goofy, but there is something about it. Besides, it has A.J. Langer.

You already know how I feel about Mysterious Skin and I love Halloween. The rest of the movies I like to some degree.

Halloween?? Blasphemy! That's one of the greatest horror movies ever

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
That one I don't care for (
). It's not a worst-kinda movie, but blah.

Signed,

Blasphemer

I haven't seen The Crush in a very long time, but I remember liking it well enough. I also remember it being much more about the girl than the "pedophile" you describe.

I've seen several movie versions of Of Mice And Men and the one with Gary Sinise and John Malkovich is, IMO, the best of them. And I've always felt the book was a poignant look at the real meaning of friendship.

The Prestige is not one I'd consider a great movie, but I thought it was well made and engaging.

Teeth was a disappointment. I felt they really could've done a lot more with the premise if they'd tried, but it's a B movie so I didn't really have super high hopes.

I haven't seen The Crush in a very long time, but I remember liking it well enough. I also remember it being much more about the girl than the "pedophile" you describe.
Can we just get this right, simply because it annoys me greatly. Paedophilia and underage sex are two different things that can overlap, but they're not the same. I'm not defending either or anything like that, but there's no doubt that one's a legal age at which someone is considered old enough to make their own decisions about whom they have sex with (so long as that person is also of the required age) and the other is a sexual preference/desire for pre-pubescent children.

Teeth wasn't good, and you're right, it really could've been. Me and the wife tried watching The Prestige but had to shut it off because we couldn't understand what they were saying. I like Halloween a little bit.

I think this set may raise a few eyebrows to. The "real" trash will only really start in the top 20.

30. Hunger

This film was incredibly unreal, even based off a true story. It was a bunch f prisoners that always yelled, and guards that enjoyed abusing them. I never understood either side.

29. Fearless Vampire Killers

Yes a Polanski film has made my worse film list! Why? Because it's not in the least bit funny or entertaining.

28. You Gotta Stay Happy

The definition of an out dated film right here.

27. Taken 2

The worse film I've ever went to the theather to go see. Just so unrealistic, your being held hostage with a gun and they let you call your daughter to give her a heads up. WTF? Made absolutely no sense, the first Taken was fun, this was the opposite.

26. Young Adult

Thernon had a great performance, but I believe the writer of the film doesn't believe that normal people exsist.

25. The Secret Life of Bees

Another film that I didn't like the book of either. Not historically accurate and just a dumb story.

24. The Omen

Even the infamous suicide scene didnt effect me in the slightest.

23. Lars and The Real Girl

A film about a sex doll that takes itself seriously can only be so good.

22. The Hospital

The dialogue felt unrealistic and I didn't laugh once.

21. Pirates of The Caribean: The Curse of Black Pearl

I've ranted about this film a few times before. I hated the fantasy in it, and it was a yawn fest for me. Johnny Depp is annoying as all hell too.

A system of cells interlinked
Lars and the Real Girl? Halloween? Young Adult? PotC?

The only thing bad here is your taste. Clearly you don't understand the horror genre, nor the adventure genre. You also wouldn't know a classic if you saw one. Oh, see, you DID see one, and you didn't recognize it. See?

Bad list is bad.

Also, It would be 50 WorsT Films, not worse.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I can understand that you didn't particularly enjoy Eyes Wide Open, but is it really a worse film than Troll 2 or Cannibal the Musical?

I don't think it's fair to add any film that you haven't actually watched all the way through, so The Prestige really shouldn't qualify if you slept through it.

If Curse of the Black Pearl is 21, I hope you've got spots reserved higher than that for Dead Man's Chest and At World's End.