Guaporense's top 50 Worst Movies Ever

→ in
Tools    

Inspired by other threads I decided to make my own thread of "worst movies ever". Since I haven't watched many truly awful movies I decided to restrict myself to 50 movies, instead of 100, which appears to be the usual number of movies people have listed.

Notice that nearly all of my "worst movies" are hollywood movies made recently, since when I watch old movies I choose what I watched and hence I always try to watch the good stuff. These movies were mostly not selected by me, I found then on TV or, at the days whens people loaned dvds, watched then with someone else.

Let's begin:

50 - Inspector Gadget (1999)

One of those horrible movies that I watched as a kid since my parents dumped it on me. Already at that time I felt I was watching something really awful.

49 - Patch Adams (1998)

And yet another one of those horrible movies of my childhood, when I didn't have any control of what I watched. A really obvious movie, this one, I mean, it lack any subtlety and becomes preachy, preachy, preachy....

48 - Evan Almighthy (2007)

Horrible, horrible, horrible! Bruce Almighty was almost decent, but this one, OMG . This is possibly the dumbest movie I ever watched. Others are more pathetic, but in terms of being plain dumb, I cannot recall anything else.

47 - Catwoman (2004)

The best part was the villain. It is one of the most popular films in worst films lists and we truly understand why: everybody can hate this from many different angles and it posses several layers of crap.

46 - Ghost Ship (2002)

And yes, a horror movie shows up in my worst movies ever list. Truly, a more rigorous list of top 50 worst movies should consists mostly of those trash horror movies.

45 - Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle (2003)

The first Charlie's Angels film was already quite bad but the second one was truly horrible: simply repetitive crap, after crap, after crap. I died I little when I watched this on the theater.

44 - 10,000 BC (2008)

Oh yeah! 10,000 BC, Emerich's worst movie ever! How bad it must be? For it to rank as the worst Emerich's movie, it must be truly bad indeed!

43 - The Hot Chick (2002)

Scheider is truly great in some ways: he competes as an equal with Adam Sandler as the worst comedy writer of all time.

42 - The Time Machine (2002)

How about some science fiction trash? Many horrible time travel films have been produced but this is perhaps the worst of the all.

41 - Gamer (2009)

Another science fiction trash. The concept was quite interesting, but the execution, OMG, what steaming pile of manure. And the worst is that I choose to watch it! I though: let's watch some trash. But, there is a problem in watching bad movies: they are bad.

Firstly, Charlie's Angels is brilliant. Second, while I agree that Full Throttle is a bad film and just a series of set-pieces linked with sequences of moving pictures and word, this scene alone means it shouldn't be on this list.

Forget dying a little in the cinema when you saw this, I'd argue you were already dead.

40 - White Chicks (2004)

Wayans has shown again and again how bad a director he is. Although he directed the almost mediocre, Scary Movie, all the other movies were pretty awful.

39 - Pearl Harbour (2001)

And yes, Michael Bay makes his first, but not final, appearance here. A strong candidate for the worst hollywood WW2 movie ever made.

38 - Knowing (2009)

Nicolas Cage shows up in his first (but not last) film in my list, in this overwhelmingly bad science fiction disaster film. And I watched this crap at the theater. At least it works as a sort of comedy.

37 - In Time (2011)

In time, now that's another science fiction disaster. Has one of the dumbest plots ever featuring some quite cheap class warfare (for a good depiction of class warfare, try Kurosawa's High and Low). A comment on the IMDB said: "so wooden that I searched for the Ikea label".

Also, features some of the worst acting ever committed to a major Hollywood production.

36 - The Tuxedo (2002)

One of Jackie Chan worst movies is The Tuxedo. It is incredibly silly indeed.

35 - Boat Trip (2002)

What can I say? Another one of those disposable comedies, but this one was exceptionally awful.

34 - Windtalkers (2002)

And yet, another Nicolas Cage movie, another strong candidate for the worst hollywood WW2 movie ever made. Nicolas Cage is probably the greatest actor of bad movies of all time.

33 - Head of State (2003)

This is among the least critically panned films in my list (it holds a ca. 50% metascore, quite high indeed), but it was still a horrible experience for me. Yet, another one of those bad comedies that were made to fill up worst movies lists.

32 - Home Alone 3

And yet another disposable comedy. Given that it has a number bigger than two on the title it cannot be good.

31 - She's the Man

One of the worst movies of the genre where the main character tries to play the opposite sex.

Firstly, Charlie's Angels is brilliant.
Entertaining? Maybe. Brilliant? Of course not. For me a brilliant film must try to reach for the sublime and attain it. Charlie's Angels doesn't even try to be brilliant.

I've seen four of these so far. I actually thought Evan Almighty, White Chicks, and Home Alone 3 were all pretty good actually. Especially White Chicks which I'd even call underrated.

In Time is one of the most boring films I've ever seen though.

I like both Charlie's Angels,Home alone 3 is okay,I have seen Patch Adams but I don't remember anything and now I'm wondering whether I have seen Ghost Ship.Is it that film where somewhere in the beginning lots of people are cut in half by a tiny metal wire?I also remember a girl which haunted the characters and a pool...Anyway,I think I liked it,will rewatch. Most of these films remind me of my childhood,keep going!

Charlie's Angels films were decent. Lucy Liu, Drew Barrymore and Cameron Diaz made both movies a good bit of sexy fun!

The rest of your picks are indeed trash.

Let's continue this list.

30 - LiTTLEMAN (2006)

Why I watched this? Why???? Wayans is such a talent... I discovered only later on that this flick had the same director as White Chicks (I caught it on TV).

29 - Conan the Barbarian (2011)

The original with Arnie was almost a classic, but this remake, OMG. Terrible, terrible...

28 - Bewitched (2005)

What a horribly boring film this was.... Remakes of old TV series generally aren't very good.

27 - The Beach (2000)

OMG, what horrible, horrible film this was. The sensation after watching it was of part of my life wasted, as with all other films in this list.

26 - Battleship (2012)

Based on the children's board game of battleship:

This movie is of the same genre as Michael Bay's movies but it manages to be worse than nearly all Michael Bay's movies which is a truly amazing achievement. It remains one of the worst movies ever made on a budget of 200 million dollars.

25 - Man of the House (2005)

Tommy Lee Jones's worst movie? Perhaps. It is the worst I have seem.

24 - The Medallion (2003)

Now we are getting at the really bad stuff! Even worse than the Tuxedo, The Medallion is Jackie Chan's worst movie.

23 - Date Movie (2006)

One of those parody films by the geniuses of trash filmmaking: Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer. In pure technical terms, nothing can be worse than this? Yes it can:

22 - Jack and Gill (2011)

Adam Sandler's worst movie ever. This is trash in its purest form, in fact, it isn't a movie: it is below what we can call a movie. A strong candidate for the title of the worst movie ever made on a purely technical level.

And it was made on a budget of 80 million dollars and has Al Pacino!

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Nice idea for a list lol!

I have only seen 3 of them, Pearl Harbour, Knowing and 10,000BC.

Haven't seen a choice that I disagreed with yet.

I tend to trust my spidey senses when it comes to watching movies hence why I've only seen 3.

I enjoyed Knowing, but I really like Nicholas Cage. I recently watched Battleship and I also thought it was awful. I've never seen White Chicks but my wife loves it which is something I don't really understand. I'm one who likes Adam Sandler, but I will never watch Jack and Jill-it looks terrible.

Have purposely avoided most of these. Have seen 4, agree completely with Bewitched and Pearl Harbor. Remember liking Patch Adams but it has been years. Would call The Beach below average but have seen much worse.

The Beach was ok, but I can understand people really hating it. Bewitched is a brilliant pick. I expect to see the truly hideous Stepford Wives remake on there at some point, so long as you've seen it, of course. With the exeption of Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle, The Beach and Bewitched, I couldn't think of a single reason to see any of these films and, were it not for friends, I'd have only seen Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle. God knows I love a terrible film, but they have to be entertaining.

Now, there are two movies that some people love (given they are at the top 250 of the IMDB) but I have included in my list, because I felt truly terrible watching them!

21 - Big Fish (2003)

While it may be a good movie from a more technical perspective, the feelings this movie have induced on me were quite bad, in fact, worse than Jack and Jill, for instance, because by being a rather well executed film it managed to affect me to a greater extent than simple trash but affected me in the same direction: .

The worst movies ever may not be simple trash but the well executed movie that makes you personally feel bad and this has. I don't know exactly why it has produced this negative feeling but it has, maybe it was the general artificial feel of the movie, typical of Burton's filmography.

I would think that Tim Burton's movies tend to be quite overrated. His movies are generally not bad but not awesome either with that cardboard look.

20 - Big Momma's House (2000)

Now, that's another of those comedy trash movies. On a second though I would have placed it lower in this list as Jack and Jill is the king in this department.

19 - Garfield (2004)

What an horrible disappointment that was. The disappointment factor weights heavily on the movie's placement in this list: if it were another trash movie without reference to pop cultural icons such as Garfield, this would have been placed at the bottom of my list.

18 - Wing Commander (1999)

Bad, bad movie, it may work as a satire of space shooters, though. It is the third worst science fiction movie of all time in my opinion.

17 - Baby Geniuses (1999)

I haven't watched the sequel (why make a sequel of this stuff anyway? why? ), which is rated lower on the IMDB, but the original alone is some serious bad movie material!

16 - Dude Where is my Car (2000)

Similar in concept to the Hangover, which is one of the best recent comedies, this piece of manure stinks and I wasn't able to finish it.

15 - Meet the Spartans (2008)

Another one of those parody marvels. In technical terms they compete with Jack and Jill for worst execution and bad taste for jokes.

14 - Batman and Robin (1998)

Featuring one of the most star studded casts of all time, Batman and Robin remains the second worst movie ever made that cost over 100 million dollars.

13 - The Diving Bell and the Butterfly (2007)

Borefest. It manages to crystallize all the bad cliches of European drama films and hence becomes my pick for the second worst drama film of all time.

Though, some people love this stuff. In fact, film critics loved it: is has 92% on metacritic, that's almost as high as Spirited Away! I think this might reveal a bit about the biases involved in film criticism as this is something that looks like it was tailored to please film critics, but looks completely unoriginal for me.

12 - House of a 1000 corpses (2003)

The worst horror movie ever made? No. The second worst horror movie I ever watched. Still, pretty much horrible in every aspect. The first and last Rob Zombie movie I will ever watch.

11 - The Animal (2001)

Now, this is pure gold! We are now in a territory where some movies are so bad, so bad, that they become good! This comment about the movie is very interesting:

Originally Posted by http://billsmovieemporium.wordpress.com/2011/06/16/30-day-film-challenge-day-2-your-least-favorite-film-the-animal-2001/

I only recently saw this abomination, but it’s horrendous on a level I didn’t know was possible. There are movies that are hard to watch because of how disappointing they are, there are movies that are hard to watch because of how bad they are, then there is The Animal. The Animal gets its own category, it’s so awful that it physically hurt me to watch it. No joke ladies and gentlemen, I shook my head in disgust so viciously at The Animal that I woke up the next morning with pain shooting through my neck. I can’t even go into details about why The Animal is so terrible, that brings back too many painful memories, but rest assured, it is, as of this moment, the worst movie I have ever seen.

Cheers,
Bill

What? This is pure Rob Schneider gold! So bad, so bad, that it is good!

I'm also one of those who dislike The Diving Bell and the Butterfly.I haven't seen it in ages but I remember disliking it,so I don't think I'll rewatch.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
You've got garbage can movies left and right, and then you have the touching The Diving Bell and the Butterfly. Insanity, but hopefully only temporary. You have every right to say you were bored, but the 13th worst movie of all time? It was in my top 25 of the millenia, and I hate "pretentious art-house crap". I was too busy being moved and awed by the guy's personal journey. I'd put something like Flight of the Red Balloon as an example of what you're talking about, but I don't like to harp too much about what I consider lousy movies because they're all somebody's favorites.