Ghost Ship

Tools    

Ah! This movie looks awesome! Gabriel Byrne in another horror flick + that Julianna chick that was in ER. Looks kinda like a creepy version of Titantic..anyone else hear about this movie?

yeah i really want to see this movie. i like movies with a well known cast.

Rory

yeah, Byrne was in Stigmata right? I didn't think that movie was -that- bad, well..atleast not as bad as people make it out to be. I mean, yeah..I would have much prefered that his character quit the scientist/priesthood and hooked up with Frankie..well..maybe that's just me

actually, if you get the DVD version of Stigmata, there is an alternate ending in which Frankie dies but I think that they hook up first. I don't remember cuz i haven't seen it in a long time.

ah..that's cool! I'll have to look into getting it..yanno, once my DVD player decides to work.

A novel adaptation.
I'd like to think that I'm just one of many people who are not looking forward to seeing this tired plot play out again in a theatre. But that's just wishful thinking. In actuality, this thing will probably out-gross all of the decent films being overlooked due to their lack of ghosts, or.... ships. I don't know.... I'm in a bad mood, but anyone lookng for more opinions on this topic...
http://www.movieforums.net/showthrea...&threadid=2801

I miss sadielady
Hey, look, I parsed that URL myself!

I am definitely looking forward to seeing Ghost Ship, which is directed by Steve Beck. Beck also directed and wrote Thirteen Ghosts, which was, to my surprise, a very entertaining and well directed film. Beck so far (his only film being THirteen Ghosts, however) has shown good techniques in suspense, directs an intelligent movie, and knows how to add human elements into the horror/thriller genre. I hope that Ghost Ship will have the same humanistic touch that Thirteen Ghosts did. The cast is strong with Gabriele Bryne and Julianna Margulies, so there is potential for some good acting. I think Beck has a lot of fun with these horror films and could be someone very big down the road. Looking forward to a good Halloween thrill!

Thirteen Ghosts sucked the brine off a whale turd.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Just the fact that you can see the guy in a reflection on 13 Ghosts is reason enough to not go and see this movie, but I won't be here anyways so I could care less how well the movie does. Some of the visuals from the spots on TV make it look somewhat of a creepy movie. Having some of the star power it does might be enough to make it a hit (especially with it being released NOW).

Anywho, for those that are anticipating this movie, well, I hope the trailer park is paid up for this month.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by spudracer
Anywho, for those that are anticipating this movie, well, I hope the trailer park is paid up for this month.
What the hell is that supposed to mean?

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Originally posted by spudracer

Don't you LOVE snobs? I lived in a trailer park at one time and I don't appreciate the slur, thanx.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

My wife and I bought a trailer when we were first married, it's a good stepping stone towards getting a regular house. My Mother (R.I.P.) retired, living in one, it was a senior park, and it was quite nice. I guess since I have lived in one, then I'm stupid enough to anticipate this movie, which I'm not.

hey, i just got back from seeing this movie. it was really good *too a lot of peoples surprises* i didn't ming paying 7 bucks for it. very good, very scary. its a good way to spend some hours around Halloween.
*whit*

i saw it today. Let me tell you, even though it was a remake, it was a damn good one. i totally think it was worth the 9 bucks i paid.

Rory