After Earth

Tools    

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I'm not sure...I like some of this director's films, Thought that Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, and The village were great film making, but Signs, The Happening, and The Last Airbender were just NOT. The happening had potential though...it suffered from terrible casting.

Will Smith's character being called Cypher Raige doesn't fill me with hope that this will be in the first group.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
There is a twist in the trailer!!!! It's called EARTH!!!!!

Blaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh

Suspect's Reviews

Well, I haven't seen the film yet, probably won't any time soon either...

Critics have panned almost everything about it... including the accusations of the film being one long lesson in Scientology.

Jaden has been panned, as too has Will for their lack of charisma.
Jaden in particular has been labelled as having no acting talent whatsoever (tbh I could have told them that when he starred in The Karate Kid)... Nepotism is being cited as the main reason for Jaden even getting the job in the first place.

Director Shyamalan has been slighted too... labelled as "a director for hire"... basically, it seems he'll lend himself to anything to make a bit of cash these days.

As for the effects... one critic said that they look as real as the CG Monkeys in Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull... another critic panned them as being as effective as the CGI seen in television films... another critic has also said they're slap-dash and generic and look as though they were created by someone who has only just graduated from film school.

Budgeted at $130m and has only made $95m so far at near two weeks after it was released.

It has also been compared unfavourably to Battlefield Earth.
Sounds like an instant classic.

I watched this just over a week ago and while it's by no means a cinema leap or even going far enough to call it Ok, the film was entertaining enough, and while it went by Hollywood cliche, I'll give it the credit of making me feel like it might surprise at one point. The actors showed no effort, but I can't say anything undoubtably negative about the special effects. Granted my friend and I were convinced that the spiderweb was toilet paper, but overall it had some visual intensities. I gave it a
and while in technicalities it deserving of a lower rating, it had a few scenes that touched me.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Im going to wait for this to be in the reduced dvd chart, I dont think its going to be that good of a film, but I maybe mistaken.

Will Smith chose to turn down Django Unchained and make this garbage??? smh.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
Personally, I think that the movie looks absolutely horrible, however, a friend of mine says that she saw it in IMAX and enjoyed it. I took it with a grain of salt because I feel like seeing a movie in IMAX adds an extra-star to the movie based on the experience.

I would really like to see this movie. I always enjoy movies that change the way humans live.