Prometheus 2

Tools    

Hi! every body I would like to know if its going to have another Prometheus. Its basically the Alien 5 (I'm a fan of those movies). But this movie had to show the origins and they just put another plot without answering...and the question is why human race has been created?
So my question is that Prometheus 2 is in preparation?

Precious tritium is what makes this project go.
They're discussing ways to approach it.

The sequel may get the original title of the first film, Paradise, (hinted in the alternate ending of Prometheus).

Interesting. Looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

Ridley says "No there won't be any Aliens in Prometheus 2" 5 mintues later "Announces title as ALIEN: Paradise Lost", make up your mind Ridley. I get that using Alien in the title helps bring in the fans but what will the response be when many fans go in expecting to see Xenos and they get none?(There will be those that won't know this is a sequel to Prometheus and not Alien, unless the title is gonna be Alien: Paradise Lost: Prometheus, yeah that's way too long of a title)

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
It's just like all the pre-release pub for Prometheus. "No this isn't an Alien movie, ... it's just set in the same universe, ... but completely separate."

From Wiki:

While at the Toronto Film Festival to promote his film The Martian, Scott stated that production on the film will begin in February 2016.[259] In September 2015, Scott said that the title of the sequel will be Alien: Paradise Lost, an allusion to John Milton's epic poem which may also suggest a deeper connection with the Alien franchise.[260] In an interview with Empire, Scott said that the title change did not affect the film's story and the movie will have a connection to the character of Ripley.[261] On October 15, 2015, Deadline reports that Rebecca Ferguson is in talks for a role.[262] On November 14, 2015, the title Alien: Paradise Lost was changed to Alien: Covenant.[263]
I can't wait. So amped up for this. I dug the Alien franchise but absolutely fell in love with Prometheus. So looking forward to the sequel.

Edgar Allan Poe

Thirty year old mulberry field
From Wiki:

I can't wait. So amped up for this. I dug the Alien franchise but absolutely fell in love with Prometheus. So looking forward to the sequel.
Hey, haven't I seen you around Music Banter?

This seems to always happen to me. I know both foster and the person who's making The Girl Without a Song (username slips my mind) from Indietalk, and now someone from Music Banter shows up? Always happens on Mofo too.

This thread needs a name change. The Prometheus sequel will tie directly to the Alien films and is officially titled....

Excellent,I enjoyed Prometheus.
Ridley always delivers.

After browsing the "Den of Geek" website,rumours say that Elizabeth Shaw and David will be involved in the film.

Thirty year old mulberry field
I was a little lukewarm on Prometheus, and the last two Aliens were drivel. Maybe it'll be good, but I'm a little bit too tired of reboots.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
I was over-hyped to see this (like that's ever happened before), disappointed in the theatre (all the allegory was completely lost on Mr. Thick), read a post about what all this stuff was suppose to mean, re-watched it on t.v. one night and came back around.

I love Fassbot and Noomi Rapace anyways... That said, it is a little over my head for an initial watch, without a Cliff Notes.

I was a bit disappointed to read yesterday that Noomi Rapace will only briefly appear in Covenant (sounds better without the Alien prefix to me). I think we expected to see more of her search for the Engineers' planet but it seems that Michael Fassbender's David is really the main character of these films.

Intriguing comment from Ridley Scott the other day about realizing how extreme Alien was after the event. Apparently his intention is to go even further for Alien: Covenant:

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/408...nant-is-hard-r

In Prometheus,

WARNING: """ spoilers below
the surgical pod scene was, I think, just as unpleasant and uncomfortable to watch as the chestburster scene in Alien, in no small part to Noomi Rapace's acting (apparently her physical toughness was Scott's reason for getting her and in this scene it really paid off).

I'm now wondering what the hell he has in mind – what could be "worse"!?

prometheus should be watched as the full unrated cut version and not the movie that was in the cinemas. prometheus problem to me was editing the final film and making it the commercial release and not showing the unrated cut one.

I have to return some videotapes...
Haven't checked out the unrated cut, but I am not really a fan of Prometheus. What was I really expecting though when you attach writers like Damon Lindleof, the guy has great ideas and can write cool characters, but he doesn't really do a good job with answering all the mysteries he puts into his films.

Haven't checked out the unrated cut, but I am not really a fan of Prometheus. What was I really expecting though when you attach writers like Damon Lindleof, the guy has great ideas and can write cool characters, but he doesn't really do a good job with answering all the mysteries he puts into his films.
i can sympathize with what you are saying, that you feel prometheus leave many things unanswered but for me this was what is intriguing, i think ridley scott intentionally left these things unanswered to let the trilogy make sense and have it more mystery ridden until it's unraveled in the last film.