Star Trek - The Search for Spock

→ in
Tools    

Hello all,

The voyage trough the Star Trek box continues....

This was a solid Star Trek piece. Beautiful special effects and bad acting by the William Shatner as usual. This time the plot was fairly good and there were some thoroughly hilarious one-liners. The Vulcan end section was unfortunately way too long.

During the film I was wondering about the lack of extras running around. I thought that this could be due to budget cuts but at least The Wrath of Khan had a smaller budget (according to IMDB). Maybe they wanted to focus on the effects...?

I really enjoyed this one and saw it at the theaters when it was first released. I remember that it got generally good reviews, did decent box office for its time, and was well-received by the fans. Now, years later, some people try to lump it in with the "odd-even" discussions, calling it lesser because it's an odd-numbered sequel. I think this is ridiculous. But, anyway, I agree with you, RC. It's loads of fun and everybody in the crew gets their own little scene to shine in. DeForest Kelley in particular is great, what with his trying to hire a ship and all. Just saw Wrath of Khan on cable the other night so now I'm ready to watch this again.

Not a bad movie. I love the original crew of Star Trek -- Spock and Kirk and all.

The first film in the movie franchise is probably the one I like least.