Top 31 Horror, DonnieDarko

→ in
Tools    

Well in honor of Halloween month I will be creating a top 31 horror list of the horrors I've seen pre this month. I'll be posting one a day until my number 1 is revealed on Halloween.

31. The Excorsist (1973)

The Exorcist is in no way a scary film. I don't believe in that kind of stuff, but it the best of the little sub genre it created. I think the movie is well made, but scary, no way. I guess it has to be included in horror lists now a day, and I guess it's a good starting point.

Oh, well I guess you'll just to wait and see, no I'm totally kidding. My top 10 actually has three horrors, some other ones you'll see on the list are Poltergiest, Scream, and Session 9. Just don't wanna give away the whole list.
And I wouldn't say it qualifies in anything, ghost, I guess demons, but then again I said sometimes. It wasn't really insanity in the eye of the film maker and church, it was a possesion. And I guess she felt isolated being tied down in the room, but the protagonists weren't really isolated at all. So I wouldn't really qualify it under any, and remember none of those are bulletproof to scare me.

No, not at all. Like sure spiritual occurrences maybe. Who knows? I can't call B.S on all the stories.
Yet ghost movies can still scare me. Excorsist movies are tied to closely with te Catholic Church, and I'm not trying to start a sh*tstorm but thats an organization I've disregarded of all it's relevance and legitemict. Just in my opinion, not to humble of one though.
It's just the panormal activity that can be freaky, while Excorsism movies to me are more on the ridicolous side, along with a good chunk of ghost movies

I've experienced haunted places a few times, and have heard great stories from people I trust of their own experiences. I'm not totally comfortable calling it "ghosts" because the word implies too much, but there is energy or are energies that do these things people talk about, noises, humanoid shapes, moving objects like chairs or doors. It happens. What it means, whether intelligence or awareness is involved, I don't know for sure. Sometimes I lean toward the idea that such things are all like echoes, sometimes I'm sure there's more to it.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

30. The Sixth Sense (1999)

Probably next to Fight Club next for the greatest twist of all time. M Nights films had some spooky moments, especially the flash backs. The end is shocking, and while there were a few holes in it all in all it's a good movie. Bruce Willis had potentially the best performance of his career

why can't you do tv shows.

Every single episode of Supernatural has horror.

why can't you do tv shows.

Every single episode of Supernatural has horror.
Because then I would've put it in The Telivison and music sub forum

29. A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)

What's a horror list without this film? Wes Craven directed this epic classic. It has influenced multiple sequels and remakes, Freddy Kugar is to this day one of the most influential horror characters. It had a slow climax, but the ending made this all worth it.

I have a thing for suburban nightmares, so this one is naturally a favorite.

28. Disturbia (2007)

No it's not nearly as good as Rear Window (which will not make this list since I consider it thriller) but its not half bad. I feel like Shia should've been more isolated and trapped, if they wanted a great movie. But they still made a decent one, some creepy moments, and I still remember many details after all these years since I've seen it

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Great idea, matey. Disturbia is more a thriller to me than horror (actually not really a horror at all, but I do love the film.) Yes Rear Window is better but Disturbia is a fun watch

^A fair point about tv shows, some of the Crypts have some big wows; the santa remake, the hearing voices music-club manager, and chop-poker, all excellent.

27. Let The Right One In (2008)

This is one of two vampire films and one of two foreign films making it on this list. Let The Right One In involves an outcast boys relationship with a vampire, this might be an off switch for some, but this is actually a very touching story. The scene which occurred under the bridge was the most memorable, along with "I will hit you with this stick" scene. Very bloody for a teen love story too.

26. Orphan (2009)

Underrated and much mor physiological than it appears. I even prefer this to the film it's said to steal stuff from The Omen. The twist shocked me, and I felt deep frustration towards the characters. It felt a bit rushed, but at the same time it means it was to the point. Keeps your heart racing, in my min it's a good movie, which is contrary to popular belief