Anna Paquin

Tools    

I feel like this is an actress who doesn't get talked as much as she should be. But very quietly she has had one of the best careers of any actress in the last 20 years. No one entered the industry with a boom like she did with The Piano for which she won the academy award for best supporting actress at only 11 years old! I randomly watched her acceptance speech today and it the best one I have ever seen.

She has been in many other films since and is even a t.v star now in True Blood for which she has won a golden globe for. And she is hot. Probably one of the best child actresses of all time and made a great transition to being an adult actress.

The Piano:
She's All That:
X-Men:
Almost Famous:
25th Hour:
X2:
X-Men Last Stand:
Scream 4:

You missed Fly Away Home... bit of a mushy movie but still well made and one of Paquin's best performances for me.
I agree she was really very good in this.

She also played in Trick 'r Treat which I enjoyed.

But for me her best performance has gotta be Sookie in True Blood. I love True Blood insanely.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Really don't care for her. Found her to be as weak as Halle Berry in the X-Men films, I mainly remember her from Fly AWay Home. I don't watch True Blood either, nor do I get her sex appeal.

Suspect's Reviews

Looks good in a pair of hot pants. That's about all I can really say.

I haven't seen much of her work, but what I have seen hasn't really impressed me.

Her performance in The Piano was very good (not sure it was Oscar worthy, but whatever), didn't care for Fly Away Home, can't stand True Blood, and Buffalo Soldiers really wasn't very good.

that's what she said...
I'm so glad to stumble upon this thread!
I am an Anna fan, she does great-BETTER THAN GREAT- in TRUE BLOOD. I am too an fan of her in the other movies she appears in. She is deffinately underrated as an actress. Sookie (Anna Paquin) is one of the few in TRUE BLOOD who can make me feel her emotions. Tara just annoys me when she's sad/mad... the others sometimes can make me feel the emotion but Sookie is definately the strongest at it. (Eric and Pam are really good emotions feelers as well).

Fly Away Home was one my favorites as child. It made me want to find & keep goose eggs so badly. LOL I remember my older brother ( who also liked the film) braught a goose egg home after going to the parks with friends and I thought it was the coolest thing! My parents, however, were not too happy with him.

Will always be remembered as Rogue

A system of cells interlinked
True Blood is terrible, and Paquin is one of the reasons why. Her work on that show is ridiculously melodramatic. I like some of her other work, though.

That was so cute. She was shocked into speechlessness.

But wtf was she wearing??