Vampire Scene and Vampire Query

Tools    

Hey, everyone. Which movie is it where a bathtub is filled with garlic and holy water and a vampire is pushed right into it, which, of course, makes him start screaming like crazy and burn to death? And it was holy water, right? It wasn't vinegar...or was it?

That brings me to my next question: are there any vampire narratives where vinegar is also one of the things that harm vampires, along with garlic, crosses, sunlight, wooden stakes, holy water, etc?

Thanks.

The Lost Boys is the first question. Yes it was bathwater laced with Holy Water and Garlic.

Not sure about the vinegar thing though in your second question.

The Lost Boys is the first question. Yes it was bathwater laced with Holy Water and Garlic.

Not sure about the vinegar thing though in your second question.
Oh, yeah, OK, I love that movie. I've been meaning to see it again for sometime now. Thanks! Hopefully someone here can answer me regarding the next question.

I've had a look on Google for the vinegar thing.

Apparently garlic boiled in vinegar is a deterrent for vampires but it's mainly down to having garlic in it... but other places say vinegar alone has no effect on them.
Never heard of any connection between the two myself either, so I'd guess it's a 'no'.

Anyone else know of vinegar and bloodsuckers?

A system of cells interlinked
From that same year, also check out Kate Bigelow's Near Dark, which I find holds up a bit better over time; it's a cool genre-blend vampire flick with Lance Henrickson, Bill Paxton and Adrian Pasdar. A better flick all around, IMO.

From that same year, also check out Kate Bigelow's Near Dark, which I find holds up a bit better over time; it's a cool genre-blend vampire flick with Lance Henrickson, Bill Paxton and Adrian Pasdar. A better flick all around, IMO.

Best vampire movie I've ever seen.

Salem's lot is scariest

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I just watched I am Legend just for the sake of this question, and I always assumed that he poured bleach on the steps of his place before he went in, it made the most sense to me at the time. Now that I have watched it again the bottle looks way more like something you would buy White Vinegar in, I have a bottle at my house, so maybe that will help to answer your question a bit.

Yes mate, it is white vinegar.

White vinegar works like an anti-bacterial and removes smells and odours from all sorts of stuff. When it evaporates, it leaves no smell behind either.
He pours it to hide that he's living there.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Thanks Rodent, but was I mistaken the point of this thread or did I just answer one of the questions, now I am f*cking confused.....................lol, I know it doesn't really hurt the vampires but I think it should still count.

Lol!

Made sense to me matey. It's a wampeer question thread... may as well use it for wampeer questions.