JayDee's DVD Collection

Tools    

Now that's sad. I'm sad now, JD. Of the films I've seen in that latest batch there's nothing there I'd really care for (maybe Gravity just to see it in 2D which I think I'll prefer) and of the ones I've not seen (which is most of them) I don't think there's anything that I'd care to see. Maybe the Jump Street sequel, but only if I find the first one really funny. Which is unlikely, let's face it. Even the tv and comedy isn't really my thing, though I like Jason Manford so I'd happily watch that.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Really, you sure about that? I'd be happy to challenge you.

Now that's sad. I'm sad now, JD. Of the films I've seen in that latest batch there's nothing there I'd really care for (maybe Gravity just to see it in 2D which I think I'll prefer) and of the ones I've not seen (which is most of them) I don't think there's anything that I'd care to see. Maybe the Jump Street sequel, but only if I find the first one really funny. Which is unlikely, let's face it. Even the tv and comedy isn't really my thing, though I like Jason Manford so I'd happily watch that.
Sorry to disappoint you HK. I feel bad now. You feel bad, I feel sad. I thought there was more you were/would be curious to see - Nightcrawler, Next Goal Wins, Dallas Buyers Club etc. To be fair most of them I've not even see either, they're just cheap blind buys. I actually find myself struggling a lot of the time when I'm out looking to get DVDs. So many films I've seen and liked I've already got now.

So there are loads of blind buys there, many of which I may not like myself. Blindsight and Bobby Fischer sound like two possibly interesting documentaries. Bronson I got because I'm becoming a bit of a Tom Hardy fan. Howard the Duck I've just got a sick curiousity to see how awful it actually is. Joe's Apartment got me intrigued with dancing and singing cockroaches. Screamers because it looked fun and trashy and had Peter Weller in the lead role. I've never seen any of the Tremors sequels despite loving the first one. I recently rewatched it and it inspired me to finally track down the sequels. Two Faces of January I picked up because of the connection to The Talented Mr Ripley which I really liked; they're adapted from work by the same author. And then there are some, like Astro Boy and Osmosis Jones, that are more geared towards giving my nieces something to watch when they come over. Even some of the TV shows are blind buys, Brooklyn Nine-Nine and Pushing Daisies.

Actually I really liked Pushing Daisies. I don't know why I overlooked that before. I also have a copy of Howard The Duck around here, but I've not seen it yet. I watched it when it came out and thought it was really boring. Who knows, maybe I'll really like it now?

I saw the first couple of episodes of Brooklyn Nine-Nine, but I didn't see the point in staying with it. Not as bad as Marry Me though. That was really terrible.