Charlie Chaplin

Tools    

I Love Movies! That's all
Hey Movie Fans!

I want to get into some old Chaplin Movies, any suggestions where to start? I'm probably gonna start with the Great Dictator, since I've hear a lot of good things about it.

What others do you recommend? Modern Times? The Gold Rush?

Give me your opinions and motivate your choices so they get me all excited

Cheers

All of those are great I also like the Robert Downey Jr Movie about him

Smells mystical, doesn't it?
The Great Dictator is fantastic! I recommend that as well as The Kid, The Immigrant, The Gold Rush, City Lights, and Modern Times. There is also a fantastic documentery about him called "The life and Art of Charlie Chaplin. It's all Youtube broken up into 27 parts.

I Love Movies! That's all
awesome thx guys!

That documentary looks really interesting

awesome thx guys!

That documentary looks really interesting
It's what first got me into Charlie back a few years ago.. from their it's flourished into a deep and unbreakable love.

Honestly, I have not seen a full Charlie Chaplin Film...I know that's bad! I've a lot of out takes of clips, but, that's it. I really shouldn't be a on this forum...it's bad!

I don't know if this is right or not! Is Robert Downey Jr related to Charlie Chaplin? I would like to know for curiosity sake!

Honestly, I have not seen a full Charlie Chaplin Film...I know that's bad! I've a lot of out takes of clips, but, that's it. I really shouldn't be a on this forum...it's bad!

I don't know if this is right or not! Is Robert Downey Jr related to Charlie Chaplin? I would like to know for curiosity sake!
Nope! Fun fact though, you can see Charlie Chaplin's real life daughter, Geraldine Chaplin, in the movie "Chaplin" playing as his mother.

That's what I heard...rumours!

Yeah, no relation at all, however. He does a great job playing him, though.

Maybe, that's why! I'm a complete idiot....

My I ask, are you a Man or a Woman? You're distinctive...In a good way

Maybe, that's why! I'm a complete idiot....

My I ask, are you a Man or a Woman? You're distinctive...In a good way
I'm just a stray fart made of, methane, nitrogen, oxygen, hydrogen, sparkles and rainbows. Unicorn farts are genderless. Thank you for the compliment, though

You didn't answer the question...lol!

I also like the Robert Downey Jr Movie about him

Me, too. I'd start and finish here.

It's not bad. He's really, really not funny. Clever and inventive, but not funny. Ditto Keaton.

Do you wanna party? Its party time!
Chaplin viewed and ranked (out of ****)

1. The Gold Rush (1925)-****
2. City Lights (1931)-****
3. Modern Times (1936)-****
4. Limelight (1952)-*** 1/2
5. The Kid (1921)-*** 1/2
6. Shoulder Arms (1918)-***

As far as I can tell, Chaplin was the clumsiest actor to grace the screen.
I believe that was his trademark? I could be wrong, as I haven't seen a full Movie of his

Semper Fooey
As far as I can tell, Chaplin was the clumsiest actor to grace the screen.
Actually, the opposite is true.

W.C. Fields called him, "that damn ballet dancer."

Semper Fooey
Yeah, see that? He didn't fall. Laurel and Hardy would have landed on their faces.