a movie about sky pirates and floating island

Tools    

the movie is about a world where everyone lives in the sky and it starts out with a group of sky pirates attacking a floating tree island thingy. the main characters a boy who escaped from the attack and is now with the good guys of the film hunting pirates and stuff. now he basically lives on this aircraft with the "good guy army" and he befriends a girl and her grandpa i think. one of them was also trying to repair a jet airplane or something. Its more or less skyland style

Semper Fooey
There is an anime called Castle in the Sky that sounds close to that.

Castle In The Sky - Alliance Media & Entertainment Pvt Ltd

www.alliancemedia.in/filmacquisition/released-films-synopsis.php?id...Cached
You +1'd this publicly. Undo
There are air pirates, secret agents, and astounding obstacles to keep them from the truth ... LAPUTA: CASTLE IN THE SKY is an adventure movie. ... kingdom on a floating island in the sky with which Sheeta is suspected of being connected

Because OP didn't mention it was animated I didn't provide a better link.

it is an animated movie, but not anime,not sure its cg or traditional animation

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
It sounds like the French TV series Skyland (2005 - 2007), I have only seen maybe 2 episodes but it really sounds like it to me, I am having trouble finding video's or anything to post apparently it was not to popular.

Skyland (full French title: Skyland, le nouveau monde, i.e. Skyland, the new world) is a Franco-Canadian CGI animated television series. The series lasted from November, 2005 to April, 2007. A total of 26 episodes in a single season.
It is the 23rd century; the Earth has shattered into billions of pieces which orbit around a central core. In this new world named Skyland, an evolved form of humans has appeared: Seijins, who are able to absorb energy from sunlight and use it to fuel special abilities such as telekinesis, telepathy, mental control, astral projection, energy balls/blasts and little electricity rays.
The Skyland is ruled by the Sphere, an organisation which controls the fragmented world's water supplies and maintains its power thanks to Guardians, promising Seijin children who have been taken away from their families and given a special training. This dictatorship is fought by pirates.
2451: After the capture of their mother by the Sphere, Mahad and Lena (a young Seijin still learning to control her powers) are rescued by a group of pirates. They join the pirate rebellion, determined to free their mother and help bring the Sphere down.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skyland

Semper Fooey
Since you say it was animated might as well look at the trailer to make sure that's not it.

Treasure Planet?

unfortunately it is not tresure planet, Castle in the Sky,or Skyland, sorry

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Its more or less skyland style
Oops my bad, must not have read your entire description. The link below is a pretty cool website that you can use to find a lot of movies but there just is not much more listed for sky pirates.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SkyPirate

A system of cells interlinked
Ah, I know this flick...hold on, I need to recall the title from the web. I saw this years ago, and the film opens on a skyship that the pirates own, and there is some sort of daring escape from the ship right at the start....Does the film you are looking for open in a similar fashion?

If so, the film is called:

Escaflowne : The Movie

thank you for your help but it is not escaflowne

that's what she said...
For some reason Sinbad come's to mind...
&feature=related

i think it is, but its worst than i remember, well...it was almost 10 years ago, thank you very much tho

Trust me, it's even worse.
I had only watched it cos Mark Hamill was narrating, The animation is awful.

I was only able to look up the title cos I remembered Mark Hamill & found it going through his filmography, if it didn't have Mark Hamill, I would have not been able to recall the title.

You need to thank Mark Hamill.