Looking for title for months

Tools    

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
This is off of another site but when I read it it seemed familiar to me but I cannot place it in my head, so hoping someone here could help because now it is bothering me also.

this has been killing me for months!!!
it is an older movie, and it takes place in the country.
all i can recall about it is that the little boy (about 10 or so) takes his fathers old pickup truck and tries driving it down the dirt road. he gets in an accident and dies, and his father carries his body home, and sits on the front porch holding the body and crying, and the mother just mops up the blood from the front porch.
PLEASE, for my sanity someone else remember this...

Hello akatemple. While doing some research for your wanted movie, I'm fairly sure I've stumbled onto the original post. It was from a user name "Sandy" on April 18 on another board. Correct?

Just a few more bits of information from that original post that may help here. The movie was in color and probably from the 90s period, but the events taking place in the movie are probably from the 50s or 60s period.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Yes you are correct, and I have gotten the OP's other messages and it still seems familiar to me for some reason but I just can't place it, it's driving me nuts.

I believe it was "Sea Biscuit" with Jeff Bridges.