Misfits

Tools    

Any Misfits fans out there? Watched it for the first time a few months ago and thought it was really good entertainment.

Basically it's alike a cross between Heroes and Skins. It's a UK production and it doesn't take itself seriously at all although there are some touching moments from the first couple of series.

The budget constraints are obvious considering they've mostly given the characters special powers require little special effects, but it's still good ****. Probably the best British TV programme I have seen since The Street and

Anybody else watch this?

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Yeah I'm a huge fan of it. It's an extremely funny show, that is able to take typical storylines for this kind of thing but give them a fresh, interesting twist. Some of the characters are terrific, and are matched by the performances.

The first two series were just stunning. The third was a little hit and miss but finished very strongly with the last few episodes being the best of the series. And I really grew to love the new character, Rudy.

Yes, big fan. First series is my favourite but all three series are fabulous. Rudy is all right but would have prefered Nathan to stay on.

The Nazi episode in series 3 was excellent with one of the best openings in the whole of Misfits, are you up to series 3 yet Prestige?

I've only seen the first episode of series 3, Nausicaa. Rudy seems alright but Nathan not being in it was way too noticeable, so I haven't been in a rush to catch the rest of the episodes. Nathan just shamelessly stole every scene and was by far my favourite character so it's just hard to imagine the show being as good.

And I really grew to love the new character, Rudy.
I'm hoping I grow to like him more too. I mean, it's not that I dislike the character..he's just not Nathan.

I'm going to go buy the third series probably later on or tomorrow. Keeping my expectations low incase i'm very dissappointed. Looking forward to that Nazi ep!

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Rudy is all right but would have prefered Nathan to stay on.

The Nazi episode in series 3 was excellent with one of the best openings in the whole of Misfits, are you up to series 3 yet Prestige?
Yeah definitely would have liked Nathan to still be there, but thanks to Rudy it wasn't quite the huge loss I was expecting.

I've got to say the Nazi episode was a little disappointing for me. It just came across as a little bit cheap and cheesy to me at points. Although it did have some terrific moments, mostly from Kelly - "F**king Nazis!" and her beatdown of Hitler, "Ho Hitler, why have you gotta be such a d**k!" Will need to watch it again to cement my view on it

Favourite episodes of the third series were the one with the comic book artist/superhero fan, the zombie episode which was surprisingly smart and touching and then the epic, rather heartbreaking finale.

I've only seen the first episode of series 3, Nausicaa. Rudy seems alright but Nathan not being in it was way too noticeable, so I haven't been in a rush to catch the rest of the episodes. Nathan just shamelessly stole every scene and was by far my favourite character so it's just hard to imagine the show being as good.

I'm hoping I grow to like him more too. I mean, it's not that I dislike the character..he's just not Nathan.
Yeah at first Nathan was a big miss but once I settled into it I really accepted Rudy and the show's new angle as a whole. And yeah for the first two series Nathan was my favourite, now it's Kelly.

Hopefully you do. He has some terrific moments scattered throughout the series. My favourite probably being in episode 7 and his troubles with a massive steel mallet which were just hilarious in such a ridculous manner.

I saw the pilot episode for this last month, decent show, & honestly far better than Heroes.
Definitely. Heroes post season 1 is a joke compared to Misfits. A lil ironic actually given that it takes itself more seriously.

Yeah at first Nathan was a big miss but once I settled into it I really accepted Rudy and the show's new angle as a whole. And yeah for the first two series Nathan was my favourite, now it's Kelly.

Yeah, Kelly is boss. Her whole chav thing she's got going on is hilarious. 'wot u fink yur fookin' doin? I'm gonah kick yur fookin' 'ead in!'

I've liked 'Barry's' character development a lot too. So much going on there and I feel sorry for him most of the time, but he is hysterically creepy at times, specially with his priceless 'do you wanna go out for a drink?' line to every girl he thinks might be interested in him

I'm cracking up just thinking about it. Series 1 was great, and the first half series 2 was even better. As long as series 3 and subsequent series after that don't suck, i'm a fan for life.

Ah, Fooking Nazis was the best line ever from Misfits, I couldn't stop laughing because of the way she said it.

For those who want to see those 3ish seconds go here:

Meh, Kelly isn't a charva, she is too smart to be a charva.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Just started watching this show. Interesting so far, about 5 episodes in.

Suspect's Reviews

Just started watching this show. Interesting so far, about 5 episodes in.
What do you like about it? Who's your favourite character so far?

Must admit, it did take me a couple of episodes to get into Nathan, but once I did, I looked forward to every scene with him in it.

I'm up to episode 6 on S3 right now. Like JayDee said, it's a bit hit and miss. But the quality overall is still good.

I adore all the characters except one, never liked Curtis, I was hoping he would be one who wouldn't return for the 4th series but unfortunately not.