Carrie Remake

Tools    

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I really don't see anything good coming out of this but what are your thoughts.

Who will play Carrie in the remake?
Mar 26, 2012

Fans have already had enough with Hollywood remaking classic horror films, but the next to come will be Carrie. Brian DePalma is attached to direct the film, and it seems he has two actresses in mind to play Carrie White. Sources are telling Vulture that Chloe Moretz and Haley Bennet are the top contenders to play the character. It’s rather interesting as there’s a good age difference between each actress.

Chloe Moretz is the better choice out of the two. I don't believe Brian DePalma is directing it this time around though, last I heard it was a woman director: Kimberly Peirce. Apparently Julianne Moore, and Jodie Foster have been approached to play Carrie's Mother.

Adore the original, but don't mind seeing another adaptation of the book if any of the above appear in it.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Carrie re-make

But if it does get made I agree with Nausicaa, Chloe Moretz is a great actress.

Movie Forums Insomniac
Chloe Moretz has been chosen as the new Carrie.

Errr, how old is Hitgirl?? Isn't she like 12 or something????? Unless the idea is to go with an even younger Carrie (which wouldn't make sense to this viewer) then Hitgirl is a bit too young to play Carrie who should at least by played by a somebody in their late teens, like Dakota Fanning or someone.

Errr, how old is Hitgirl?? Isn't she like 12 or something????? Unless the idea is to go with an even younger Carrie (which wouldn't make sense to this viewer) then Hitgirl is a bit too young to play Carrie .
She's 15. There again, Sissy Spacek was 26 (I think) when she made Carrie, so Chloë whatsherface is closer in age than she was.

She's 15. There again, Sissy Spacek was 26 (I think) when she made Carrie, so Chloë whatsherface is closer in age than she was.
Faacking hell, 26?!?! I'm going to search that up in a tick, but if she was that old when she did Carrie then she did a hell of a job playing a teen.

EDIT - bloody hell, 27 when she did it. Can't believe that. I remember her looking like a teen.

Well unless she's grown recently or something, I remember Hitgirl in the remake to Let The Right One In (which only came out like a year ago) looking no older than 12. I get that maybe the actress is 15 or whatever but Carrie is a pretty complex character for such a child to be playing. I'd rather it be played by an actor in their late teens, I dunno.

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
I get that maybe the actress is 15 or whatever but Carrie is a pretty complex character for such a child to be playing. I'd rather it be played by an actor in their late teens, I dunno.
I tend to agree with Prestige here. Love Chloe Moretz, she's definitely talented and a star in her own right...but I worry that her youth will backfire in this role, that she won't deliver the same level of intensity as Sissy did.

But at the same time, there aren't a lot of actors in their late teens with Moretz's talent, so...I dunno.

We'll have to see

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
There really is no point to this remake, but if there were one, it would be to make it newer and younger. Hell, the entire cast of the original was too old, but nobody cared because it was done so well. I say let them try to do it differently and maybe something worth watching will get made.

I remember there being a TV film remake with the brilliant Angela Bettis playing her, so there is more or less a remake already.

But at the same time, there aren't a lot of actors in their late teens with Moretz's talent, so...I dunno.
Exactly, she is one of the best child actors out there right now. I think she will have no problem playing a character like Carrie.

Julianne Moore has got the role, playing Carrie's Mother. I'm actually looking forwards to this version now considering the actresses and director.

Moore will play the role of Margaret White, the mother of the teenage girl with supernatural powers.
Carrie will be played by 15-year-old Chloe Grace Moretz, who recently told BBC News: "It's a modern-day retelling, not based in the '70s or anything."

She said it would be "dark but exciting", comparing it to the 2010 Natalie Portman film Black Swan.