Bravo, IMDB

Tools    

I love reading their message boards -- but I'm not a member. I have posted in the past, but I deleted my account. Those people over there are sometimes quite honest about how a film really is -- sometimes. Plus, you can get spoilers.

I didn't mean that as praise for the entire site (though, really, think about how many times we all probably consult it in a given day or week, and how annoying it would be to check certain things without it), just as praise for that nice little touch.

Just talking about IMDB. I didn't see much other purpose for this thread except for discussing IMDB itself, which must contain more conversation ideas than This is Spinal Tap (a film I haven't seen yet) having a higher vote count than the rest of the films on that site (as far as I know).

BBC videos also have that extra push over the cliff.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

IMDB is certainly the most complete data base in the West. I don't know if the Chinese have a similiar source but I'm poretty sure they do. I know that they have a bunch of web sites that stream and download all kinds of movies for free.

LOL, That's awesome.

Just talking about IMDB. I didn't see much other purpose for this thread except for discussing IMDB itself, which must contain more conversation ideas than This is Spinal Tap (a film I haven't seen yet) having a higher vote count than the rest of the films on that site (as far as I know).
I don't mind you talking about IMDB in general, but I wanted to make sure you get the gag. It isn't about the number of votes the film has; take a close look at the screen shot.

I don't mind you talking about IMDB in general, but I wanted to make sure you get the gag. It isn't about the number of votes the film has; take a close look at the screen shot.
The gag is the votes go up to 11, right? I saw that - I can see. But when you visit the actual page, I noticed that while it may say 11, you can't actually vote for 11, it only really goes up to 10.

My question is -- why is it like that? Is it saying this film is so good it deserves to go up to 11? Is 11 a reference to the movie? I have no idea.

The gag is the votes go up to 11, right? I saw that - I can see. But when you visit the actual page, I noticed that while it may say 11, you can't actually vote for 11, it only really goes up to 10.

My question is -- why is it like that? Is it saying this film is so good it deserves to go up to 11? Is 11 a reference to the movie? I have no idea.