Psycho II

→ in
Tools    

MovieForums Extra
I recently saw Psycho II on television...suprisingly enough, I didn't even know there was a sequel, let alone three (as I found out later). Of course, I think that the first movie is a masterpiece in itself and it didn't need a sequel, but I wasn't dissapointed.
For those of you who haven't seen it, the movie deals with the release of Norman Bates from an institution after 22 years of rehabilitation. He returns to his old house and starts work in a restaurant. There he befriends a young girl called Mary whom he later invites back to his house. Norman believes himself to be truly cured, but when mysterious notes and phonecalls from his dead mother start appearing, this is brought into doubt...
I think Anthony Perkins played the role perfectly (once again). My brother, after seeing the film, thought that he deserved an oscar for the role! The filming technique is very true to Hitchcock, and it has the audience guessing and in suspense all the way to the end. Is Norman really gone mad again or is it really someone else...
In conclusion, Psycho II is one of those rare sequels that are equal, if not better than the original. What do you think?

I think there's more than 3. I haven't seen any Psycho movies in a while but I remember one of the sequels was pretty good. Don't remember which one.

One of the Rocky sequels was good too. V I think. And the next to last Walking Dead. Dang if I was awake I could remember names. Anyway, a lot of people stay away from sequels when they're in the 3's and 4's but some of them are kinda good.

:::groggily typing away::::

Tremors 2 is as good as the first. I love Tremors.
Okay, gonna go wake up now.

I just wanted to say: Merry Christmas! Or Haunaka (I knew I couldn't spell that) Or Kwanza or Monday! Woo Hooo!!

MovieForums Extra

I agree, despite the first two movies I am almost 100% positive that the rest of the sequels are just not worth seeing, and I probably have no intention of seeing them!

Agreed again, the Rocky movies were great. The sequel which takes the cake is Godfather II, an absolute masterpiece in its own way. They just don't make 'em like they used to any more

Merry Christmas to all, and a Happy New Year!!

I, too, was very skeptical about a sequel to a film that really didn't need a sequel, but I was impressed by PSYCHO II...of course, not up to the original, but a worthy follow-up to the first film. But Master Hitchcock's touch was definitely missed.