Submarine

→ in
Tools    

Couldn't find a thread on this so thought it was due one. Been meaning to see it for a while and finally have, got pretty good reviews here and is pretty solid film. I'm not going to do a huge review, because frankly can't be bothered right now!

It's from Richard Ayoade, a British comedy actor, who didn't really look to have anything like this in him. It's a quirky indie teen/comedy/romance, avoiding categorising it as a rom-com, however. It's kind of reminiscent of Anderson's Rushmore with eccentric young protagonists, and this really is the highlight here. Craig Roberts turns in a great performance, delivering the socially awkward lines with great timing and poise. Paddy Considine offers another supporting role, which he sadly seems to be doing a bit more of than starring. It had some minor flaws; Roberts' romantic counter-part didn't seem as much of a rounded character and the self conscious editing becomes a bit of a distraction but otherwise check it out.

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
It's in my Netflix queue, I'm curious to see what Moss can do with romance

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
i quite liked it. it reminded me of Harold and Maude some, only less sentimental and stuff, but i thought it was sweet and charming.

yeah, i can't be bothered to do much of a review right now either. good film, though.