A Simple Plan - 1998

→ in
Tools    

Director by Sam Raimi

Two brothers and a friend find $4 million in the cockpit of a downed plane. The pilot is dead. No one is looking for the money. To keep it, all they have to do is wait.

A Simple Brilliant !.. what can i say, one of the best movies in the 90's, this film Reminds me of Fargo (Small town, Snow, crime, money and greed) The difference was on the plan and how the plan comes up Suddenly, the storyline in the film was excellent you wouldn't expect anything so there was many great scenes i will leave the rest for you to watch .

Sam Raimi's direction is incredible, as is Scott Smith's script, really i didn't read the novel but i will soon, in the film i know there was a many changes but i'm really enthusiastic to read all Events .

What makes this movie work is that it forces us to ask ourselves questions about our morality. Not everyone will like the ending. I think it is perfect.

The Performances are universally excellent. Especially Billy Bob Thornton, who gives a truly great, and at times heartbreaking performance as a not very bright nor pretty middle-aged man that is doomed to life of loneliness.

5/5

I own this film, I like it but not as much as you :you:

I remember watching this films about 4 years ago and loving it, but I don't think it has the same effect now

Felt like Coen Lite all the way through. And I mean that as a compliment, not a put-down. The sense of dread throughout is palpable, and it's obviously an outright showcase for the actors involved.