Bridget Jones set for third outing

Tools    

It's been seven years since she last donned her big undies, but Bridget Jones is about to be resurrected for a third instalment in the female-focused franchise.

She shot straight into our hearts in the amusingly quaint comedy 'Bridget Jones's Diary' in 2001, but it had appeared that the critically panned follow-up, 'Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason' had ended her antics once and for all.

Not so. The Evening Standard had already begun fuelling rumours of a resurrection when it was reported that author Helen Fielding was working on a new Bridget Jones novel, although the author herself commented:

“I will be working on both the book and the film but I don’t know if they are the same thing yet. It’s not been decided.”

Now Entertainment Weekly has confirmed with Working Title Films that the movie was indeed going ahead. Previously, Access Hollywood had managed to squeeze some plot details from Oscar-winner Colin Firth:

“I can tell you that Bridget and Mark can’t have children, I think that’s the way it goes on,” Firth revealed, adding:

“So then she makes the huge mistake of going back to Daniel Cleaver [Hugh Grant's character] for long enough to get pregnant. And I think he dumps her, and she’s left stranded, and guess who comes back to rescue her?”

Quite how exciting, or funny, this serious plotline will be is yet to be seen. But one person who might not be too excited is star Renee Zellweger, who famously told the Daily Mail:

“My body is whacked by the time we finish one of those... It doesn’t know what has happened because it thinks there’s supposed to be a baby and there’s no christening.”

Maybe the irony of her comment will keep her amused long enough to finish the production.
http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/12082011/...-outing-0.html

Disgusting. Bridget Jones can't have kids so she turns into a big whore and sleeps with Hugh Grant, a man known for sleeping with prostitutes, and gets pregnant, and then Colin Firth takes her back. What an idiot movie! No movie should be made where some guy goes back to a woman after she has left him/cheated on him and got pregnant with someone other man's baby. Death to Bridget Jones, I say! May this movie never get made or only make less than $10 million (or $10,000) and bomb explosively.

well with the first two movies making over 500 million i can't see this failing.