HitchFan97's Top 50 Favorites

→ in
Tools    

THIS LIST IS IRRELEVANT, TURN BACK NOW!!!

Find my revised Top 50 here: http://www.movieforums.com/community...015#post785015

50. A Few Good Men (Reiner, 1992)

"You can't handle the truth!"

49. WALL-E (Stanton, 2008)

"WALL-E!"

48. The King's Speech (Hooper, 2010)

"If I'm King, where's my power? Can I form a government? Can I levy a tax, declare a war? No! And yet I am the seat of all authority. Why? Because the nation believes that when I speak, I speak for them. But I can't speak."

47. Scent of a Woman (Brest, 1992)

"Out of order. I'll show YOU 'out of order'! You don't know what 'out of order' is, Mr. Trask. I'd show you, but I'm too old, I'm too tired, I'm too f****** blind. If I were the man I was five years ago, I'd take a FLAMETHROWER to this place! Out of order? Who the hell do ya think you're talking to? I've been around, ya know? There was a time I could see. And I have seen. Boys like these, younger than these. Their arms torn out, their legs ripped off. But there is nothing like the sight of an amputated spirit. There's no prostetic for that. You think you're merely sending this splendid foot solder back home to Oregon with tail between his legs, but I say you are executing his SOUL! And why? Because he's not a Baird man. Baird men. You hurt this boy, you're gonna be Baird bums, the lot of ya. And Harry, Jimmy, Trent, wherever you are, f*** you too!"

46. Ferris Bueller's Day Off (Hughes, 1986)

"Bueller?... Bueller?... Bueller?"

And there's the first five. I'll be back later for #41-45.

45. Magnum Force (Post, 1973)

"Briggs, I hate the f****** system, but until someone comes along with changes that make sense, I'll stick with it."

44. The Man Who Knew Too Much (Hitchcock, 1956)

"A man... a statesman... is to be killed... assassinated in London. Soon... very soon. Tell them in London... tell them to try Ambrose Chapel..."

43. Spider-Man (Raimi, 2002)

"With great power comes great responsibility."

42. One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest (Forman, 1975)

"Rules? PISS ON YOUR F****** RULES!"

41. Grown Ups (Dugan, 2010)

"I wanna get chocolate wasted!"

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Nice start. Wall-E, Ferris, Grown-Ups...

Grown Ups just completely threw me off, like it came out of nowhere.

Here's the next five. I believe there's one in here that'll surprise you as well.

40. Star Wars (Lucas, 1977)

"May the force be with you".

39. Super 8 (Abrams, 2011)

"Do not speak of this. You don't know what is happening here. If they find you, you and your parents will be killed."

38. A Christmas Story (Clark, 1983)

"You'll shoot your eye out!"

37. E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial (Spielberg, 1982)

"E.T. phone home!"

36. Spider-Man 3 (Raimi, 2007)

"Never wound what you can't kill."

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I'm assuming Super 8 is the surprise. Honestly, I don't think Spiderman 3 is as bad as people say either. It wouldn't crack my top 100, but probably 150-200

Edited some of the posts so as to include "The Man Who Knew Too Much", which I watched last night. It's the first Hitchcock movie to make the list, but it won't be the last.

I'm assuming Super 8 is the surprise. Honestly, I don't think Spiderman 3 is as bad as people say either. It wouldn't crack my top 100, but probably 150-200
Spider-Man 3 is definitely more of a surprise than Super 8. Super 8 is my favorite of the year thus far.

The next set:

35. Invasion of the Body Snatchers (Siegal, 1956)

"They're here already! You're next! You're next, You're next...!"

34. Return of the Jedi (Marquand, 1983)

"The alliance... will die. As will your friends. Good, I can feel your anger. I am defenseless. Take your weapon. Strike me down with all of your hatred and your journey towards the dark side will be complete!"

33. Batman Begins (Nolan, 2005)

"Would you like to see my mask?"

32. Avatar (Cameron, 2009)

"One life ends; another begins."

31. The Hangover (Phillips, 2009)

"You wanna f*** on me?"

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
eh, I didn't like The Man who Knew Too Much. 12 Angry Men was far better. Hangover, Cuckoo's Nest, and Wall E are my favorites thus far.

30. Raging Bull (Scorsese, 1980)

"Hey, Ray, I never went down, man! You never got me down, Ray! You hear me, you never got me down."

29. Revenge of the Sith (Lucas, 2005)

"Are you threatening me, Master Jedi?"

28. Inception (Nolan, 2010)

"What is the most resilient parasite? Bacteria? A virus? An intestinal worm? An idea. Resilient... highly contagious. Once an idea has taken hold of the brain it's almost impossible to eradicate. An idea that is fully formed - fully understood - that sticks; right in there somewhere."

27. First Blood (Kotcheff, 1982)

"I can't get it out of my head. A dream of seven years. Everyday I have this. And sometimes I wake up and I don't know where I am. I don't talk to anybody. Sometimes a day - a week. I can't put it out of my mind."

26. Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (McKay, 2004)

"I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker."

More editing to some of the posts... anyways, there's the first half of my Top 50.

And here's the first set of the Top 25:

25. The Birds (Hitchcock, 1963)

"Why are they doing this? Why are they doing this? They said when you got here, the whole thing started. Who are you? What are you? Where did you come from? I think you're the cause of all this. I think you're evil! EVIL!"

24. Halloween (Carpenter, 1978)

"I met him, fifteen years ago. I was told there was nothing left. No reason, no conscience, no understanding; even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, good or evil, right or wrong. I met this six-year-old child, with this blank, pale, emotionless face and, the blackest eyes... the devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach him, and then another seven trying to keep him locked up because I realized what was living behind that boy's eyes was purely and simply... evil."

23. Scott Pilgrim vs. The World (Wright, 2010)

"Who do you think you are, Pilgrim? You think you're better than me? I'll tell you what you are: a pain in my ass!! Do you know how long it took to get all the evil exes' contact information so I could form this stupid league? Like, two hours! TWO HOURS!"

22. Jaws (Spielberg, 1975)

"We're gonna need a bigger boat."

21. Dirty Harry (Siegal, 1971)

"I know what you're thinking. 'Did he fire six shots or only five?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?"