Bellflower

Tools    

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the upcoming movie Bellflower, if they were ever gonna do some kind of weird update of Mad Max then this looks like it, except for quite a few changes, basically the whole story, but I think the cars are the same,, just wondering what anyone else thought about this.....???

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I don;t think it looks anything like Mad Max, but it looks really interesting. I'd see it.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

More people should see this. It looks incredible, the set-pieces are spectacular and in all honesty the story is riveting as well as genuinely affecting. I'll admit the last 20 minutes were in my view somewhat extraneous but it's well worth a watch. It's also an announcement of a new talent. Evan Glodell (Writer/Director/Star) is definitely one to watch.

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
Went to a live taping of Doug Benson's podcast "Doug Loves Movies" and Evan Glodell was one of the guests. He seemed like a very cool guy, very laid back and obviously a huge movie nerd. I definitely will make an effort to watch this!

Went to a live taping of Doug Benson's podcast "Doug Loves Movies" and Evan Glodell was one of the guests. He seemed like a very cool guy, very laid back and obviously a huge movie nerd. I definitely will make an effort to watch this!
You were at that one? Nice. I just re-listened to it a few days ago.

I agree the guy gives the impression of being some sort of film savant. Patton Oswalt was praising Bellflower on the most recent DLM and mentioned Glodell actually makes and shoots on his own cameras. That's incredible to me. Really looking forward to seeing what he comes up with next.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I posted this on here a while ago, just thought I would repost it on this thread.

Bellflower (2011)
Directed by: Evan Glodell
Written by: Evan Glodell

Woodrow (Evan Glodell) and Aiden (Tyler Dawson) have been best friends since growing up in Wisconsin where their favorite movie was Mad Max and they watched it until they became obsessed with how they will survive after the apocalypse. Now they live in California where they spend their time building flame throwers and trying to build their own Mad Max car Medusa. Out at a bar one night the two guys meet Milly and Courtney, Milly get’s in a competition with Woodrow to see who can eat the most live grasshoppers, I was immediately hooked at this point. Woodrow and Milly begin to spend most of their time together thus making Aiden jealous and throwing a wrench in their plans to finish building there post apocalyptic devices. After some relationship issues and an extended stay in the hospital Woodrow and Aiden start drinking heavily, that is more than the already heavy drinking in the first half of this movie.

From this point on starts a chain reaction of some very psychotic, self-destructive, disturbing, and depressing actions that are just so awesome. There are some crazy twists in this movie that I did not see coming, I really loved this movie because I could identify with some of the characters, I have been waiting to see this ever since I randomly stumbled upon the trailer and it didn’t disappoint me.