Can't remember: A film about eternal life

Tools    

First of all I'm glad I ran into this website out of pure luck! It's seems like the perfect place to ask this question which have been bothering me for some years now.

Some years ago I saw this film about eternal life and it's downsides. I can't really remember all the details, but as I recall it, it is something like this:

A man gets eternal life and everything seems to be fine. But then his wife dies and so does everyone he holds dear. At some point at the end he says something like he have had three or four wifes and they've all gone now and then it ends with him at a funeral, crying.

I know, it's not much to go by. But PLEASE! If it rings a bell to ANYONE don't hesitate, even if it's not the one I'm looking for.

I might be able to give more information as it comes to my head.

I've stumbled into the name Highlander in my search for this movie, but some of things seems like it. But Highlander sounds more of like a bit of fighting and action, where this is more of a drama.

But thank you so much for the reply. Will try and watch a trailer of it.

i'm not sure because it's 2008 year The Curious Case of Benjamin Button http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0421715/

genyav: A pretty good movie. But unfortunately not the one I'm looking for.

The one I'm looking for is a bit older. Might be between 1990's-start 00'ish

Except for the part of him him having many wives (and some other bits as well - haha), I'd have thought the movie was ''The Green Mile (1999)''. It ends on a similar note, the character Paul Edgecomb (Tom Hanks) looking back at all the loved ones he's lost over the years. And hoping that maybe one day he'll be allowed to die.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Green_Mile_%28film%29

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120689/

Viju Menon: Thank you for your contribution as well. I thought about that one as well. And it really ends in a similar way. But it might just be me remembering it all wrong and mixing a lot of films together in a dream or so.

But will keep the post open for a while to see if it could be real film.

But thank you again

I should have used the spoiler tags for the last comment I made. My bad!

Hey, to help clarify things for you, take a look at this vid for ''The Green Mile''. It's a pretty safe site (but that's my opinion) and there should only be a single pop-up. You can watch the last portion at about the 02:48:40 mark, just before the end sequence. Nothing like watching a clip to clear up foggy memories, right?

http://www.megavidmovie.com/2011/04/...deo-movie.html

If it's definitely not what you had in mind do let us know. Thanks!

P.S. Couldn't find a YT link, sorry about that

Semper Fooey
The story is similiat to The Asphyx, but it doesn't have that ending.

It is similar to a Twilight Zone episode starring Kevin McCarthy, but doesn't have that ending.

Both stories end in modern times with the characters not happy lviing so long watching loved ones die.

I can cite other TV episodes/ movies about living a real long time, but none has that ending and that would be a peculiar ending for a feature film. Maybe it is a movie short, which are often student films and shown on Public Broadcasting stations, and if so will be very hard to find.

Semper Fooey
Here is the Twilight Zone episode. I am sure that isn't it, but if you like the one you saw, you would like this one, one of their better ones.

Viju Menon: I will watch the video when I wake up. But as far as I can remember it sounds pretty much like the end scene from The Green Mile mixed together with some other movies as well.

Will.15: As, with the above, I will watch the link provided tomorrow. But as for The Asphyx go it could be something similar to that. Will take a further look in the morning.

But just a quick question regarding The Green Mile(As I haven't watched it in a while and haven't seen the link yet)

Is he getting older in the looks in that one?

Yes, in ''The Green Mile'' the character does age physically. Why do you ask? In the movie you remember, does the protagonist remain young (appearance-wise) throughout?

I just think it sounds more and more like the end of The Green Mile mixed together with some other movies. The character in the one I'm thinking of is aging physically.

I will take a look at the links provided now and come with the "results"

After watching the ending to The Green Mile I can now assure myself that I've mixed together that ending with another movie.

I appreciate ALL the help and answers I've got and you'll probably all se me from time to time on the forums from now on.

I will now set this as answered.

I was hoping that watching the ending again would help you confirm the film - and it worked! I'm glad I could help you out with this one. Plus it gave me a chance to re-watch bits and pieces of one of my favourite movies (another is that other Stephen King adaptation, ''The Shawshank Redemption'').

You're always welcome here. If you don't have a specific movie question for one of us, you could always check out the other film-related discussion boards and sections (http://www.movieforums.com/community/). They're bustling with film fans and experts. I'm sure you could take part in those conversations now and then. And feel right at home