Bowfinger Preview

Tools    

Does anyone know the name of the song played in the Bowfinger preview? It's not on the soundtrack nor in the actual movie, only the preview, so I have no clue how to find out the name and artist.

Any help would be greatly appricated.

Dopey176

Which trailer are you referring to? Universal used 7 or 8 trailers, but the main theatrical trailer used Beethoven's "Ode to Joy" from "Symphony No.9". This same song was used in The Money Pit and the Die Hard films, among others. Hope this helps. If this isn't the right song, go to http://www.universalstudios.com and click on the 'Contact Us' link. They'll be able to get the answer for you and they are usually pretty quick with responses. Good Luck

Movie-Fever.com | New! Movie Fever Forums

Thanks for the response, but that's not it. It's the jazzier song with a lot of trumpet in it.

Does that help?

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
It's Bang The Drum All Day.

Sorry everybody, I couldn't help myself.

Here is the Bowfinger trailer...

Rundgren's song is used in the first part of the trailer. The second half uses "Treat Her Right", which was originally recorded by Roy Head in the mid-1960s. But the version in the trailer appears to be the cover by The Commitments, from the 1991 film of the same name.

And I sincerely hope that in the last fourteen years, the original poster figured this out.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I also hope a lot more people have watched Bowfinger, because it's still pretty overlooked.
I laughed my arse off at this movie in college. My roommates and everyone else who watched it thought I was on crack. I thought I was the only person who actually enjoyed it.

...chubby....rain...