Tyler's 150 Favourites

→ in
Tools    

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
I've already tried re-doing my top 100, as I had major problems with that and I felt it wasn't complete. My initial re-boot was unsucessful, so I've decided to attempt another re-boot. I have seen around 40-70 films since my last complete list and I've decided to do a top 150 this time. Fingers crossed that this works.

150. Back To The Future Part III

149. The Godfather

I do not like The Godfather as much as I like Part II & III. But I still respect it, even though it's quite overrated. Thats why it's so low.

148. Star Wars Episode II: Attack Of The Clones

147. The Matrix Revolutions

146. Insomnia

145. Hot Shots

144. Grown Ups

143. Hannibal

142. Step Brothers

141. Indiana Jones & The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull

All these are guilty pleasures, except for The Godfather and Insomnia. I like Insomnia, but I rate other Nolan films higher. And I have already explained The Godfather.

You like The Godfather Part III more than The Godfather? Wow! I know some of the statements I make are out there when compared to popular opinion, but that's blown me off the map.

I'll also tell you to watch the other (original) version of Insomnia. Much better, IMO.

Yes, I prefer Part III over Part I. Part I is so overrated. It's a great film, but so overrated. It irritates me when it's rated highly on greatest film lists. I prefer Part III because it quietly suceeds. I prefer the plot of Part III over Part I.

I will be sure to see the original Insomnia.

140. The Jackal

139. Glengarry Glenross

138. Ghostbusters II

137. Blade Runner: Director's Cut

136. Ferris Bueller's Day Off

135. Face/Off

134. Tango & Cash

133. The Last Boyscout

Friday Night's a great night for football...

132. Jackie Brown

131. Red Heat

130. Ransom

129. The Whole Nine Yards

128. Clerks

127. Zoolander

126. Rambo: First Blood Part II

125. Kill Bill Vol. 2

124. Mission: Impossible

123. Scream 3

122. Mrs. Doubtfire

121. Sin City

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
GIVE ME BACK MY SON!!!!!!

Best. Line. Ever.

Suspect's Reviews

A lot of films i'm surprised are so high on the list

Back To The Future III, Godfather, Matrix Revolutions, Insomia, Grown Ups (WTF!!), Blade Runner, Feris Bullers Day Off,Jackie Brown,Clerks, Kill Bill Vol 2,Mission Impossible, Scream 3, Mrs Doubtfire & Sin City.

Hope the top 10 is worth it.

120. The First Wives Club

119. Walk The Line

118. Apollo 13

117. Road To Perdition

116. Spider-Man

115. Mad Max

114. Meet The Parents

113. Top Gun

112. The Goonies

111. The Prince Of Tides

110. Star Wars Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith

109. The Lost World: Jurassic Park

108. The Bourne Identity

107. The Nightmare Before Christmas

106. The 40 Year Old Virgin

105. Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade

104. Planes, Trains & Auotmobiles

103. Knocked Up

102. Gangs Of New York

101. First Blood

100. The Fugitive (1993, Andrew Davis)

One of the best chase movies ever. Breathtaking stunts, interesting plot twists and some humourous are all entertaining, but cast chemistry is what makes this work. The pairing of Harrison Ford and Tommy Lee Jones is one of the best cat and mouse duos in film. Special mention has to go to Jones for a commanding, Academy Award winning performance as Sam Gerard (although he deserved the award more for his terrific work in JFK).

99. Back To The Future Part II (1989, Robert Zemeckis)

While it's considered the lesser of the trilogy, I enjoyed this sometimes confusing, often fun middle film. It furthers the adventures of Marty McFly and the Doc, as they travel to 2015, then back to 1985, then to 1955! I immensely enjoyed this film, especially the hoverboard sequence. It's hard to say why I enjoyed it, so I'm just going to say that's a fun-to-watch film.

98. Legends Of The Fall (1994, Edward Zwick)

Tremendous performances and beautiful cinematography. I was really suprised by Brad Pitt in this film, and this film is probably what made me start to like him more as an actor. I rank this as his third best performance. I really enjoyed the ending to this film, among other things. It's a fantastic film and a bit underrated, I think.

97. Predator (1987, John McTiernan)

Another 1980's Schwarzenegger film that I enjoy. Some good effects, exciting action scenes and a few good Arnie one-liners (my favourite being "You're one ugly motherf***er") still as good today as they were in 1987. And Arnold gives another tolerable performance.

96. Lethal Weapon (1987, Richard Donner)

The first and best of the cop movie series. Mel Gibson and Danny Glover make a good duo and some of the action scenes are undeniably awesome. The kung-fu fight between Mel and Gary Busey is an action highlight in a film full of them. One of the better 80's cop films.

95. A Fish Called Wanda (1988, Charles Crichton)

A hilarious British comedy. Combing the comedic talents of Monty Python regulars John Cleese and Michael Palin with a wonderfully flamboyant performance by Kevin Kline and a great screenplay from John Cleese adds up to a marvelous film about the aftermath of a jewel heist and the hilarious results.

94. The Matrix Reloaded (2003, The Wachowski Brothers)

An enjoyable sequel to the classic Sci-Fi thriller. A freeway chase and kung-fu sequences are great. The Matrix Reloaded is great. Trying not to be controversial, but it is. Granted, it's not as good as the first, but this is still a good movie and I loved every minute of it.

93. Red Dragon (2002, Brett Ratner)

A well cast adaptation of the prequel to The Silence Of The Lambs. Edward Norton puts in another good performance as Will Graham, a retired FBI agent sent to interview nemesis Hannibal Lector, again played by a chilling Anthony Hopkins. Ralph Fiennes gives a brilliant, complex performance as The Tooth Fairy, the killer Graham is trying to stop.

92. Traffic (2000, Steven Soderbergh)

A confronting, powerful film about the international drug trade. Populated by thought provoking situations and great performances, especially by Benicio Del Toro as a Mexican cop caught in the middle.

91. JFK (1991, Oliver Stone)

One of the best socio-political films to date, involving the assassination of JFK. The District Attorney Jim Garrison (Kevin Costner) investigates and accuses many in this turbulent investigative film about the shots heard around the world. Again, special mention goes to Tommy Lee Jones as Clay Shaw, a shadowy mystery of a man suspected of having a hand in the brutal murder.