Pluto Nash

Tools    

a

Wow, The Adventures of Pluto Nash looks like complete crappy-crap crap! Originally it was scheduled for an April 2001 release, but it has been pushed back and pushed back and pushed back, and now looks like August 16th, 2002 - ahhhh, the end of August, traditional dumping ground for junk Studios are stuck with. This is going to finally be released almost two full years after it wrapped principal photography...Gee, that's always a good sign.

But then again, if you enjoyed the Dr. Doolittle fliks Murphy has done, you'll probably be rolling in the asiles for The Adventures of Pluto Nash too.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

i thought dr. dolittle was funny, but after imposter, theres no way you could drag me into this.
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

Indeed, the delay in release IS a bad sign, however exceptions always exist...so I'm holding out on judgement here. As for its release date: The Sixth Sense came out only two weeks earlier than the date that The Adventures of Pluto Nash is scheduled to open.

American Pie 2 saw a mid-August release, and The Cell did as well. Jay and Silent Bob was released in late August. So, exceptions exist there as well. August IS a bit of a slow month, but only when you compare it to the bonanza that is the summer/Christmas season, I'd say.

crazed out movie freak
great another eddie murphy disappointment. what else is next

THE TRAILER LOOKS GOOD FOR THIS MOVIE.. I DONT THINK IT WILL BE WELL RECIEVED THOUGH... EVEN THOUGH EDDIE MURPHY'S PAST MOVIES WITH THE EXCEPTION OF DR DO LITTLE HAVE BEEN GREAT.. (CMON YOU KNOW YOU LOVE THE DONKEY IN SHREK) ITS A SHAME IF THIS FILM GETS LITTLE NOTICE.. EDDIE DESERVES ALL THE SUCCESS HE GETS.. HES A LEGEND.

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE HIM DO A MOVIE LIKE COMING TO AMERICA OR SOMETHING... AHH WHEN EDDIE TOTALLY RAN THINGS....

Originally posted by NEO21JT
HES A LEGEND.
And he's not even dead yet.

Anyhoo, I have to agree: I think it'll be decently funny, but nothing particularly special. I think, commercially, it'll be average at best. I don't see an August release with semi-effective marketing as a potential smash hit...but if it's genuinely funny it'll provide a solid ROI.

We'll see, I guess. As always.