The Walking Dead

Tools    

No Apologies. No Regrets.
Yes I realize that this is not a movie but its a great series.
Have anyone else checked it out? Its by far one of the best series that iv seen in a while. but that might be cuz i love zombies. But it has great story telling and really can give you the creeps it has action but dosent only focus on that.
I highly recommend if you haven't seen it to check it out
and if you have what are your opinions on it?

Mofo doesn't leave out TV series. we have a nice TV & Music section under the Misc Forums. And there is a thread started there already for The Walking Dead! fancy that

i really want to see this though

oh well my bad. but you should see it. Its a great series.

I really like this show. I've never really seen anything like in the episode called 'Vatos' in a zombie movie. Great characters with depth, for once.

the best part of the walking dead is the characters. You will meet a new character and not really know his purpose till the end and it always shocks you.

15,000 feet above you and falling fast...
I just started watching this series and just got caught up. I really like it so far. To be honest, I didn't think I'd get into the whole zombie apocalypse thing, but this show grabs you from the character angle (imho). Who are they? Who were they? What will they become? And I completely agree with Ieatdragons -- the purpose of the character end shocker bit is amazing. (S1E3, for example). It has the makings of becoming as popular as LOST (RIP LOST).

what channel and what time and what day usually come on?

15,000 feet above you and falling fast...
what channel and what time and what day usually come on?
It's on AMC (not sure what day / time). Here's the website:

http://www.amctv.com/originals/The-Walking-Dead/

Anyone hear the news that Frank Darabont had fired the entire writing staff? Gotta say...I think it's probably a good move. I've been pretty bummed by this show, and the last episode didn't do much to change my mind.

Concerning the fifth (IE: penultimate) episode...is anyone else annoyed by the Jim storyline? So, he gets bit and tries to hide it...no problem. I even really dig the fact that he gets caught right away and there isn't some drawn-out plot where the person who discovers the secret wrestles with whether or not to say anything for a few days.

My problem is with the solution: they let him sit there and die slowly. What? He's going to become a zombie! He's one more zombie out there! He could kill someone! It's friggin' ridiculous. I don't even need them to decide they have to kill him, but there needs to be at least one character making this point. There needs to be discussion about it. It's unthinkable that no one would raise this issue.

I kinda like the CDC thing, but even that was strangely paced. The moment that Dr. Jenner hit the wrong button (or whatever it was that happened) and destroyed the samples was supposed to be powerful, but instead I was just trying to figure out what had happened. It would've been a really fantastic moment if and entire episode had been dedicated to him. Instead, it all happens in a flash, when we barely know who he is.

I know I said this before, but for a season this short they either need to a) jam-pack it with revelations or b) tell a much more modest, self-contained story. Instead, they're kind of taking their time with an arc that hasn't been terribly eventful. It's really odd. By all accounts the show was rushed into having a short season so they could get it on the air in time for Halloween, and I really think that's responsible for most of these problems.

The odd thing is I'm definitely going to keep watching, and I'll almost certainly watch the next season, too. The premise and the talent involved are such that there's way too much upside for me to abandon this show...at least not yet. But if the finale isn't far better than the last few episodes, it'll definitely be on notice in season two.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Here's the story Yoda was talking about.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Anyone hear the news that Frank Darabont had fired the entire writing staff? Gotta say...I think it's probably a good move. I've been pretty bummed by this show, and the last episode didn't do much to change my mind.

Concerning the fifth (IE: penultimate) episode...is anyone else annoyed by the Jim storyline? So, he gets bit and tries to hide it...no problem. I even really dig the fact that he gets caught right away and there isn't some drawn-out plot where the person who discovers the secret wrestles with whether or not to say anything for a few days.

My problem is with the solution: they let him sit there and die slowly. What? He's going to become a zombie! He's one more zombie out there! He could kill someone! It's friggin' ridiculous. I don't even need them to decide they have to kill him, but there needs to be at least one character making this point. There needs to be discussion about it. It's unthinkable that no one would raise this issue.

I kinda like the CDC thing, but even that was strangely paced. The moment that Dr. Jenner hit the wrong button (or whatever it was that happened) and destroyed the samples was supposed to be powerful, but instead I was just trying to figure out what had happened. It would've been a really fantastic moment if and entire episode had been dedicated to him. Instead, it all happens in a flash, when we barely know who he is.

I know I said this before, but for a season this short they either need to a) jam-pack it with revelations or b) tell a much more modest, self-contained story. Instead, they're kind of taking their time with an arc that hasn't been terribly eventful. It's really odd. By all accounts the show was rushed into having a short season so they could get it on the air in time for Halloween, and I really think that's responsible for most of these problems.

The odd thing is I'm definitely going to keep watching, and I'll almost certainly watch the next season, too. The premise and the talent involved are such that there's way too much upside for me to abandon this show...at least not yet. But if the finale isn't far better than the last few episodes, it'll definitely be on notice in season two.
Yeah I was laughing at the show loudly when all the touchy-feely reared itself when this guy everyone knows will become a zombie basically says he'd rather become one. LOL!

Now I understand they want to insert a human element into this for viewer familiarity, but cmon these people would be alot less sympathetic than displayed. Theyve seen horrors unimaginable, been near death too many a time, and lost dear loved ones all in a matter of days. A contrived human element defeats the realism. They would be much more hardened, and not marshmellows of sensitivity. Even when the sister wouldnt let anyone come near her soon-to-be zombie sister I thought was stupid. Hate when the only one in-show bringing up these points is the crazy redneck.

I wasn't having a problem with the pacing of the episodes, up until last week's. I thought the entire episode was just a waste of time. Nothing really got accomplished. We learned that Glen was particular about which bodies went where, and that Jim is a zombie.

Still no sign of Merle, but I've grown to really like his brother. All in all, I'm hoping that the finale will at least tie up some loose strings.

Yeah, the latest episode was garbage. The only worth while thing that happened was the arrival at the CDC. I, like Yoda, had a huge problem with the story of the man at the CDC. That part could've been great, but unfortunately was a distraction.

I actually liked it a lot. The last episode I mean. There is nothing with grasping to straws. What if there was a cure? Reminded me of the ending to "the Mist" Hold on to life as long as you can - something might change your situation.

If you have read the series you kinda know where it is going so maybe that is one reason I enjoyed it. As I mentioned before it really is not a Zombie show, just a good thriller which just happens to have zombies in it.

I heard from a friend that read the graphic novels that the one-handed Merle is a creation of the tv show and wasnt in the original comics whatsoever. I was surprised by hearing this, and curious what their angle is going to be with it.

I obviously havent read the graphic novels and dont wish to as I want to get more out of the episodes as they come. Flawed as they are theres not much programming on now that seems better to watch.

Not an overly fantastic finale for the first season, but last night's episode was what it was.

I had read, earlier in the day, that Merle would not be making an appearance. Suffice to say, I was actually relieved. All the show needs to become a typical drama is to have that cliffhanger ending.

For those still reading, I'm going to get into some of the details of the episode...

So, the CDC angle didn't really pay off. We learned very little about Dr. Jenner, other than his motive for staying on at the CDC, even after everyone else left. We learned that the CDC (at least on the show) isn't prepared to withstand a long amount of time on emergency power. We also learned that windshields on vehicles, close to an exploding building, will not shatter.

So, to recap, the season started off promising, but ended up having a lukewarm finale.

On Merle ... There are rumblings in the horror community that he will become the Governor.

On what is whispered ... that's not in the comic, but my best guess is that he tells Rick that Lori is pregnant.