Superbad

Tools    

Me and my wife just watched this last night. I'm 55 and she's 35 so our tastes in movies sometimes differ but we both laughed so hard at his. I can't believe I've never even heard of this movie before. There were some hysterical parts in it.

All 3 of the kids were good but the one that played Fogle, or as his ID says, McLovin was the best. You laugh just looking at him. And the name McLovin is classic.

SPOILER ALERT

The funniest damn scene in the movie was when McLovin goes into the liquor store to get the booze for the party with his fake ID. He hands the girl the ID. She knows it's fake but decides to give it to him anyways. She says, "All right. Your total is $96.59." And then BAM!!! A fist comes out of nowhere and knocks him out cold from a guy robbing the place.

Overall it was a pretty funny movie. We both enjoyed it.

Yeah, I love these type of comedies. If you liked Superbad, try out some of these:

Knocked Up
Forgetting Sarah Marshall
I Love You, Man
Get Him to the Greek
Pineapple Express
Youth In Revolt
Step Brothers
The 40 Year Old Virgin

They all have a lot of the same actors and are all in the new Judd Appatow esque style of comedy.

Yeah, I love these type of comedies. If you liked Superbad, try out some of these:

Knocked Up
I Love You, Man
Get Him to the Greek
Pineapple Express
Youth In Revolt
I've only seen 2 on that list...Get Him To The Greek and Pineapple Express.

I like all genres of movies but I love a good comedy that just makes you laugh out loud and fall out of your chair.

Welcome to the human race...
I think this sits pretty comfortably as a
. It's reasonably funny and there's a few killer lines in it, but it drags pretty badly in parts.

I just read online that it's the highest grossing domestic high school comedy of all-time. That surprises me. I thought it would have been one of the 80s John Hughes films.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
I just read online that it's the highest grossing domestic high school comedy of all-time. That surprises me. I thought it would have been one of the 80s John Hughes films.
Source?

I have my doubts they adjusted for inflation.

I agree with you assertion of a Hon Hughes Flick being Tops. besides the original theatrical run, there was VHS sales plus DVD.

I don't see how Superbad would be even close.

Source?

I have my doubts they adjusted for inflation.

I agree with you assertion of a Hon Hughes Flick being Tops. besides the original theatrical run, there was VHS sales plus DVD.

I don't see how Superbad would be even close.
I read it on Wikipedia while reading about the reception and how much money it took in.

Knocked Up
I Love You, Man
Get Him to the Greek
Pineapple Express
Youth In Revolt
Step Brothers
The 40 Year Old Virgin

Superbad was hilarious, definetly something everyone should see haha. Great list of movies to check out as well. Forgetting Sarah Marshall FTW!!

Rada made me watch another comedy I had never seen last week. It was called Super Troopers. I probably should feel guilty for enjoying it but there was some hysterical scenes in it. The heavy set cop was my favorite. I forget his character's name.

Some of these recent comedies are pretty funny but I always loved the classics like Blazing Saddles, History of the World, Airplane, etc...

ahh Rod Farva, he was hilarious. SOOO many one-liners from him.

Blazing Saddles was a great movie as well

YES! Farva, lol. He cracked me up throughout the whole movie.

I loved how he wasn't allowed to patrol because of an "incident" that they never told you what it was. And at the end of the movie they show the footage of why with him on the school bus. Funny as ****.

$20 bucks ill call this guy a chick **cker lmao.. great movie. i loved every second of it

That whole movie was quotable. I loved this exchange.

Farva: Gimme a litre o' cola.
Dimpus Burger Guy: What?
Farva: [Annoyed] A litre o' cola.
Dimpus Burger Guy: [into mic] Litrecola? Do we sell litrecola?
Thorny: Will you just order a large, Farva?
Farva: I don't want a large farva. I want a God d**n litre o' cola!!!!!
Dimpus Burger Guy: [to Farva] I don't know what that is!
Farva: [slowly starts shouting] Litre is French for...
[grabs burger kid by shirt]
Farva: ... give me my f***in' cola before I break VOUS F***IN LIP!