Criminal Minds

Tools    

Anyone watch Criminal Minds? There's only a handful of current-running tv shows I watch but I love this show. It's an extremely smart show with great characters and writing. It's been on for a few years now. They just announced recently that they're doing a spin-off of it next year. My favorite character on the show is Dr. Reed.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
yea its a good show, discovered it myself this summer, through dvd exchange, with the passing of Stephen J Cannell though I've learned it borrowed a bit from a show of his that didn't work out.

I will say it took me a lil while to get used to Tony Mantenega joining the cast, Mandy Pantikon was excellent.

the episode wherre Dr Reed is kidnapped by teh Dawson Creek guy i think is my favourite.

You want to post like me?
In the "current-running" show category I would say the other 4 shows would be...

- House
- Two and a Half Men
- SNL
- Family Guy
Yikes. Two and a Half Men - really?

- How I Met Your Mother
- Criminal Minds
- The Office
- The Big Bang Theory
- 30 Rock

Are the ones I watch. And of course I watch the outstanding, independent gaming podcast Noobtoob (uploaded every Monday), which is a bit off topic but whatever.

You want to post like me?
@DexterRiley
I agree. Mandy Pantinkin shined in the first couple of seasons and it's too bad he isn't a part of it anymore. I've gotten used to Mantegna though and he doesn't really hurt the series, I think.

Also, hello Simon Pegg.

Love Criminal Minds! I liked it more though when Mandy was on. The second guy isn't
bad though.

I like Criminal Minds, but I don't think there's much doubt that it's starting to flag now. I've only seen upto the end of season 5, but I watched much of it with one eye, whilst on the computer because, frankly, there's not enough about it anymore to keep my attention for the full 42 minutes (I rarely watch programmes 'live' or as broadcast.)

While I agree that Patinkin was a better 'fit' than Mantegna, that could be as much to do with the character as it is the actor. That, and Patinkin was first, which usually makes someone your favourite/preference.

Has the spin-off started yet? Is it any good? (if it has.)

Has the spin-off started yet? Is it any good? (if it has.)
Last I heard it was going to be aired sometime next year. The female that plays Garcia on Criminal Minds (the computer tech) is going to be on it.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
I'm not a fan of crime procedurals, but I love this show. It's my favourite current running show. It's very realistic, and Mandy Patinkin was very good in the first two seasons. The only thing I don't like about it was the Elle Greenaway character in the first season. She annoys the living hell out of me.

I'm currently revisiting the whole by watching a few episodes a night, but it's hard to keep up with since I'm also watching Lost & The Wire.

I just finished Season 1 last night after buying the box set of what is avaliable here in Britain, so I have Season 1-6. And I absolutely love it. I've brought this topic back up to ask about the spin off series that was cancelled. Is Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior worth the look because I'm a big fan of Janeane Garofalo.

The only negative for me with the original show, is that it seems each episode is just too short, 40 odd minutes, like it's a rush. Or am I just use to 1 hour episodes of other crime series...

So far, my favourite character is the lovely Spencer Reid:

The only thing I don't like about it was the Elle Greenaway character in the first season. She annoys the living hell out of me.
I couldn't stand her at first but she has grown on me, so got a shock last night when I finished season 1, but seeing as they ended with just the
WARNING: "Criminal Minds" spoilers below
noise of the gun shot, I assume she lives.

Will find out tonight when I start season 2.

This series was a blind buy for me now have all episodes

I watch "Criminal Minds." I think it's a very entertaining show, and so much better than "CSI," which I have never liked. I haven't seen it since Ted Danson and Elisabeth Shue joined the cast though, so it might be better now. I do think "Criminal Minds" is a good show. It melds the psychological and crime-based procedural aspects quite well. Even though it's now in its seventh season, I actually just started watching it a few months ago. I do think that the earlier episodes were much better than the later ones, especially this current season, where I think the quality has declined.

When I first started watching it, I only watched the episodes where Joe Mantegna was featured, so I actually like him better than the original actor, as he was the "first" for me.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
I still like this show (and still think Patinkin was boss), but the sixth season was atrocious. It didn't focus enough time on the characters, and just tried to rush through all the filler episodes just to get to the standard 4-episode season finale arc.

I haven't seen it since Ted Danson and Elisabeth Shue joined the cast though, so it might be better now.
I stopped watching it when Laurence Fishburne was in it, went downhill a bit, but I started watching it when Ted Danson arrived and I'm enjoying it. Elisabeth Shue has yet to join the team here in Britain, can't wait for her to join.

^ Oo I was right about Criminal Minds in that spoiler above.

I don't know if it was obvious anyway, but I got the book title they were trying to figure out, I guessed it during the first part episode of the Fisher King way before Reid! Yay.