R.I.P., Gloria Stuart

Tools    

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Nobody has mentioned this yet. Gloria Stuart, who started making films in the early 1930s and make a splash with Titanic (1997) playing the old Rose, died last Sunday at the age of 100. If anything, I always thought that she was responsible for Titanic being such a huge tearjerker.

Here's the story.

This is Gloria Stuart with Claude Rains in James Whale's The Invisible Man (1933).

Titanic trailer featuring Gloria Stuart who received a Best Supporting Actress nomination:

She was beautiful and talented. Thanks for posting this!

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Semper Fooey
I believe she liked making those movies, but was pissed being in Shirley Temple vehicles.

Nobody has mentioned this yet. Gloria Stuart, who started making films in the early 1930s and make a splash with Titanic (1997) playing the old Rose, died last Sunday at the age of 100. If anything, I always thought that she was responsible for Titanic being such a huge tearjerker.
agreed. She was definately the best thing in it

I posted she had died in the shout box but didn't have time to make a thread... so thanks for starting this one Mark. The "older Rose" was the only character I really liked inTitanic ...

Rest In Peace...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Wasn't Old Rose in Titanic also 100 years old... ? That would mean that they both died at the same age. Or was she older than 100 in the movie? I know she was at least 100.

When I heard this news, I thought, awwww, she's meeting up with Leonardo DiCaprio on the Titanic right now. But of course, I'm sure it didn't happen quite like that....

Wasn't Old Rose in Titanic also 100 years old... ? That would mean that they both died at the same age. Or was she older than 100 in the movie? I know she was at least 100.
Yes, Old Rose was also 100.