Dog Soldiers

→ in
Tools    

Has anyone else seen this? Im not sure if its out in the States yet or not.

Its a British film about a group of soldiers on manoeuvres in the Scottish Highlands who stumble upon a bunch of werewolves and are pinned down in a house in the middle of nowhere.

Starring Sean Pertwee, not usually a good sign, and very funny. It wasn't particularly played for laughs but there were some very humerous moments and lines. Particularly the guy who kept moaning about missing the England v. Germany match. Also the fact that they are getting very close to running out of ammo and their alternatives.

Its good to see you dont really need a massive budget to do a decent horror/thriller and the make-up for the werewolves wasnt too bad. Its just a shame you never see anyone changing.

The trailers for this were quite funny, playing off the Army recruitment ads and this film may well do well at the box office due to Star Wars overfill.

Go see this, a good tongue in cheek horror film. B+

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
I've been meaning to, but I can't find someone who'd go see a cheap budget flick with me

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
I finally managed to convince my pack to go see it and we weren't disappointed

It starts off pretty shoddy but picks up pace pretty quickly, the film is not stylised as most have come to be (budget) meaning the actors have to turn in half decent performances, and they manage to pretty well.

Darren Morfitt (spoon) did it for me delivering the best laughs at the right time with Sgt.Pertwee right behind him

You got the "borrowed" feel in the first wolfy moments and I sat there thinking this is going to be a horriblly embaressing predator rip off but soon that fades and the cheesy one liners and hysterical gore starts

Just as I was screaming for a quirky horror like film in the cinema it comes along and delivers, It will probably be rare stateside and I'm not sure how well the humour translates but if you get the chance watch it.

-thank f*ck. an action film without cgi.