What is this feeling?

Tools    

Hello this is my first post as you can see.. and my english is bad so please try to understand me because I don't know where else to ask this question..

The best example of movie I can give is The Last Samurai.

The last battle in the movie its about the last battle near the ending - when i watch that i experience - throat pain as if my throat and mouth are shutting down - a strong pressure - my eyes rarely blink and soon fill with tears - and I am sitting still - like frozen and if i move or stand up i breath very heavily.

During this I feel something like a combination of sad, proud, revenge, broken i don't know what i'm just writing words. Its a feeling i cannot describe or name. What is this feeling?

Its the same feeling i get while watching other movies for example

Gladiator - in this film its the strongest and lasts during the whole film

Braveheart - only in the last battle - until he chases the knight (the traitor)

Apocalypto - only in some scenes

K-19 Widowmaker - in different parts of the movie

Stalingrad - in some scenes especially near the end

Patriot - last battle - i felt it then the strongest - and also early when gibson kills the englishman and he continues attacking the body and gets all bloody on the face

Troy - before and during the fight scene with Hector and Achillis (afterwards hate for Achillis until the end)

I don't know what this feeling is but I know that i enjoy it and the movies i wrote above - I have only experienced it in those films.

Maybe some of you are more experienced and can tell me or recommend me some other films.

Don't get me wrong I don't particulary experience this feeling only in battle scenes or great movies - because for example I watched

LOTR - all 3 and didn't feel anything similar to this

Alexander - didn't felt anything

The Last of the Mohicans - same

Saving Private Ryan - same - maybe because of the bad portrayal of the german soldiers.

Can you give me any reccommendations - it doesn't matter if its swords and sandals or guns or cast or director etc...

I just want to experience this feeling again - but i can't seem to find any films lately

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

That's what's called a filmgasm.

Thats how you know the movie is working

^ Me too, that guy acted....blah...back to the thread.

It's a great feeling, even if it stirs up hard emotions.

I've heard some people suggest the need for a new named emotion called "Elevation," and this would seem to fit that bill. I think it's potent because it encompasses many other emotions, but it's true that we don't really have one word for it. It is Higher, but it also feels like humanity itself. Whenever I feel it, I can't help but feel now that I'm feeling something, but that I'm recognizing something.

But it will vary from person to person. For example, I feel it very strongly when I watch The Lord of the Rings, so clearly it means somewhat different things for different people, which make a recommendation pretty difficult.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Did it make you feel like this?

&feature=related

throat pain as if my throat and mouth are shutting down - a strong pressure - my eyes rarely blink and soon fill with tears - and I am sitting still - like frozen and if i move or stand up i breath very heavily.
You need help.

BTW have you felt the same for Rocky?

Try Taken.

Did it make you feel like this?
One of my favorite Bond scenes

Despite wondering whether or not this post is real, the question is more or less legit. There's all sorts of moods that films can convey. The ones he was trying to reference are those feelings that make you want to battle the world for justice and win the girl, but that's just the first one people seem to find. Other types of films can make you feel utterly miserable with either a meaning to resolve your issues or just give up and die, there's the obvious feel-good stuff, there's the dreamlike/trance states that can encompass a million other feelings, this is endless really

This is a vague and highly subjective topic that I cannot relate to.

this is really called filminess he is absolutely right....

Welcome to the human race...
"What is this thing I'm feeling? It's not like angry or even hungry..."

"Could it be love?"

"I know what an erection feels like, Michael!"

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
I had VERY teary eyes and actual pain when I watched Avatar, but it turns out there was a tack on my seat.

I must have sounded stupid, or to some - like a troll.

Well thats what i get for humiliating myself and posting personal experiences on the internet and hoping that people will give you some information.

But its always like that someone will make jokes of you, someone will try to sound smart and very few will try to answer the question honestly and tell of their experiences...
I don't know if i should respond to but my english is not very good so it may sound like im describing a medical condition. Ill give you an example - to those who had a close relative die - and you went on the funeral - if you didn't cry you hold your emotions to you and you felt throat pain or something - well this is similar but its not sandness it's something else..

This is a vague and highly subjective topic that I cannot relate to.
It is. And if you read something from the man in your avatar you will most certainly know that all things are perceived subjectively so the same thing can look different to different persons.

BTW have you felt the same for Rocky?

Try Taken.
I hope I am not responding to a joke - anyway - Taken no - but from the same director - Big Blue - an old movie about freediving with Jean Reno - then i felt this thing but it wasnt for very long or too strong as in the other movies I listed.

Rocky - don't need to explain for this one.

Anyway thx for the answers I really hope you will experience something like this if you haven't already... but for those that have - can you please tell me which movies did you watch...