Brothers

→ in
Tools    

With Natalie Portman & Jake Gyllenhaal. I've been waiting to see this Movie for sometime, circumstances have prevented me whilst it was showing at the Theatre. But now, it will be released on DVD here in Oz.

What I ask, will the wait be worth it? Please don't spoil any critical moments, sub-plots.

It's an actor's film, so if you like great actors doing what they do best, you should like it.
Well, I like Natalie & Jake. Even though I'm not an actor, I do enjoy powerful dramas.

Bring an extra supply of saliva. If you're like me, you'll lose a lot of it watching those two fine specimen of manhood, Jake Gyllenhaal and Tobey Maguire.

I liked Brothers, all of the performances are good, which should come as no surprise considering it was directed by Jim Sheridan (My Left Foot, In the Name of the Father, In America). It's definitely the best role Portman has had in recent years, and I love the presence Sam Shepard brings to his role. I liked it about as much as the original, a 2004 Danish film of the same title (Brĝdre) starring Connie Nielsen. Same dynamics and plot, also with very good acting. I prefer the original, but the remake isn't bad at all. Unnecessary, perhaps, but well made.

Sheridan's film got a bit lost in the shuffle during this past awards season, but I thought everybody did quite well with the material.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

This is not condescending, Holden Pike, well I hope it's not. I'm going to call you "the Guru" from now on. Thank you, I never knew of this Danish film.

I remember reading something about how Hollywood will be making an English version of 'the Girl with the Dragon tattoo'. Will Hollywood have certain graphic scene/scenes in their production?....I think not.

Watched it, enjoyed it...and it was confronting for me. I should give, Tobey Maguire, more credit as an Actor. I've never been a fan. Hated Spiderman but I did enjoy Cider House Rules, was that because of Charlize? Probably

I just returned this back to Netflix. Great movie. I am a waterbag when it comes to emotional moments and there are many in this movie. The cast was great as well as the acting. I loved Jake in this movie and now a even bigger fan of his. I love Natalie since Leon, and she can do know wrong in my eyes. Tobey impressed me, he had me at Cider House Rules, I saw him in a different light and was totally convinced and drawn in by his character. Overall a really good movie, I think anyone who watches it will be moved.

Natalie Portman didn't do a bad job, but I felt she was kind of miscast. She always had perfect hair and flawless makeup. If you liked this, definitely check out Brodre as mentioned by Holden Pike above!

Natalie Portman didn't do a bad job, but I felt she was kind of miscast. She always had perfect hair and flawless makeup. If you liked this, definitely check out Brodre as mentioned by Holden Pike above!
You haven't met many wives in the Armed Services now have you? So much is about keeping strong and resilient. Put on your face, look appropriate to each occasion and keep a stiff upper lip...as the poms say.