Rauldc14's Top 100

→ in
Tools    

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I'm working on getting my top 100 ready here pretty soon. It might take me a while longer to get it all settled, but I made it now just to prepare

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Looking forward to it.

But I bet you $50 I already know your top ten.

Suspect's Reviews

Hahaha nicely played TheUsuaSuspect....nicely played...

Would be looking forward to seeing it!

I think people should "reserve" page space so the lists are all in one....haha too many lists have the countdown everywhere xD!!

Just as one fair warning as well, I haven't seen a lot of movies in comparison to a lot of other people at these forums, so what is my top 100 definitely may not match up to others. I just figured that starting close to now and making a updated Top 100 every year might not be too bad of an idea

Would be nice to see the first 5 or so of your list Raul. Not to put any pressure on you or anything

Sorry to keep you waiting, but it's going to be a few more days. It's harder than I thought and I want to see just a tad more movies before I do this. Expect something by around the weekend though

Well, as much as I wanted to wait longer I don't think it will do me much more good. There's so many films that I have yet to see that would probably easily enter this top 100 on a first viewing. But I figured I would do this once a year, and then I can switch it up.

Just as a reminder, I haven't seen as much as a lot of people here so this could be kind of different in comparison to others. There also may be a few surprising omissions since there are movies that people love and that I have seen but I didn't think were good enough to make it into this. Nonetheless, I'll start it off.

100. "For Tonight, we dine in hell!"

What more can be said. Just a plain fun action movie. When I saw this in the theater I was instantly amazed by the visuals presented throughout the film. I thought Gerard Butler was a perfect candidate to play King Leonidas,leading the march of 300 soldiers. Some of the fights within the movie are very entertaining to watch. Overall, just a nice solid and fun watch, for me at least.

I'll go with 4 more for tonight, just to try to attempt to please some people:

99. The Italian Job

"I trust everyone. It's the devil inside them I don't trust

It's a star-studded cast and just a plain fun movie. I think Charlize Theron is a huge plus to the movie, and while I'm not normally a huge fan of Ed Norton, I think he did a great job here, even with the rumors that he didn't care about being in this movie the 1st place. The best thing that this movie has going for it is the repeatability of watching the film. That alone places it here.

98. Life

Yeah, I got somethin' brewin: I got a ass whuppin' brewin' for you here, Ray, if you don't stop ****in' with me!

Yes, to me there actually was a time when Eddie Murphy was fricken hilarious. The one two combo of Murphy and Lawrence made for a movie with a lot of laughter. About five years ago, I could recite this movie which says a lot for how it is one of my favorites. The cornbread scene itself is enough comedy for an entire movie, but it doesn't stop there. Not to mention, Bernie Mac is hilarious in this movie as well. It also has a somewhat uplifting ending, even for being the screwball comedy that it is. While many people believe that this movie is nothing, I got to list it as one of my favorites.

97. Juno

You should've gone to China, you know, 'cause I hear they give away babies like free iPods. You know, they pretty much just put them in those t-shirt guns and shoot them out at sporting events.

The first time I watched this movie I didn't actually care for it. It was the second time that I actually began to appreciate this film, which I think as I now look back upon it, was actually worthy of being nominated for best picture as it was. Ellen Page brings home a powerful performance as the teenage pregnant girl. The rest of the acting is equally as superb and the storyline is one of pure originality. I think there should be more movies that aren't afraid to go against the grain and to not be afraid of trying something as original as this. Apparently it worked because a lot of people enjoy this film.

96. Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle

Did Doogie Houser just steal my f***ing car?

I don't know what a lot of people think about this film, but quite frankly I don't care either. The first time I saw this I couldn't stop laughing. The storyline is so simple, yet the jokes are so funny. The sequel is a joke and does kind of put a tainting to this film, but honestly this is one of the most hilarious comedies of the 00's.

Now I know why your nipples have been hard all this time...
Yeah I knew Leonidas' ripped body would appear at # 100. What can I say, I'm a sucker for sixpacks.

95. Enemy of the State

Robert Clayton Dean: What the hell is happening?
Brill: I blew up the building.
Robert Clayton Dean: Why?
Brill: Because you made a phone call.

Humorous and entertaining. This is certainly not the last that we will see of Will Smith on this list. Action movie wise, I really enjoy a lot of his movies. Good combination of humor and action to translate into a fun popcorn flick.

94. Mrs. Doubtfire

"I'm a granny who can hip-hop be-bop dance till ya drop. And yo-yo make a mean cup of cocoa"

The best of the bunch for Robin Williams comedy wise. What else can be said? This movie is a classic and Robin Williams plays the part perfectly.

93. Old School

"Your my boy blue. Your my boy!"

Alright, alright. I swear this isn't going to be an all-comedy list, which at this point it pretty much looks like it to everyone else I am sure. But who doesn't enjoy a few good laughs. There's more than a few good laughs in this one. One of my favorite comedic trios of Ferrell, Vaughn and Luke Wilson make this movie a comedy classic. (Note: I actually looked on my list and there aren't many more comedies left).