Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory...

Tools    

Now With Moveable Parts
My parents subscribe to this rarely known magizine for people who own movie theaters.It always prints picture deals in the making and one that caught my attention was that Will freakn'Smith is tenitively set to star in the remake of Charlie and the Choclate Factory.Don't touch the classics,man.Planet of the Apes,fine,the first one was so hokey.But you can't improve on profection where Gene Wilder is concerned.You're thoughts?

I wouldn't mind a remake -- I think it could be visually stunning. Someone like Jim Carrey could really do the role justice as well, I think. Overall, I think it's a fine idea -- save for Will Smith in the starring role.

I thouht Will Smith was busy remaking "9 to 5".

Willie Wanker? HAhahahahahaha!!

Originally posted by ryanpaige
I thouht Will Smith was busy remaking "9 to 5".
Well, yeah -- but actors can juggle half a dozen projects at once, considering some of them don't really need to be involved with a lot of the production. Elijah Wood can go star in something now, while in the background, people will be finishing LOTR. He could then have the two movies come out at, perhaps, the same time -- leaving everyone boggled.

Loll, SUnfrog, if it were called Willy Wanker Id watch it for sure! And I think Patrick Swayze should play him, hahaha!

Now With Moveable Parts
Like I said earlier,the Will Smith thing is just a project in the works.Smith may or may not end up playing the role.Now that I think about it,it wold be kind of interesting to see what technoligical advances could do with a movie like Carlie and the Chocolate Factory.Remember the scene where everyone is in that boat and they're going through that tunnel with the weird images on the walls?That could be very cool redone the right way.Suggestions for the part of Willy...how about Johnny Depp?Eh-perhaps he has exausted the "quirky guy" thing.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Jim Carrey would be good. How bout Steve Martin.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Female assassin extraordinaire.
oh no no no no no!

not jim carrey OR will smith ...

gene wilder was the sexiest creature in this film, and the reason why is he had this *thing* about him that neither carrey nor smith have.

smith lacks finesse. he cannot play a dapper man in a purple frock coat. a dapper man in a purple frock coat has a certain amount of delicacy about him, which wilder had, and smith did not, mainly, a light way of speaking, a gentle turn of speech i don't think smith capable of.

then, carrey ... carrey is not subtle. i'm sorry, but part of that finesse i'm talking about stems from a smooth, languid, physical self restraint that carrey doesn't have in his presence, i don't think.

a person that *could* pull this off, but who has a height problem - kevin spacey. his face doesn't quite capture the long look of wilder but it does have that mild, languidness and the delicacy is in him, i've seen it on film. and there's a grace to his restraint.

i love this movie to death and i'm really afraid now. forget about charlie and the chocolate factory, what made this film for me was willy wonka. he was da bomb diggity. i'm dreading what person they're going to put in it and just how that person is not going to ever fill those perfect willy wonka wilder shoes.

Originally posted by sadesdrk
My parents subscribe to this rarely known magizine for people who own movie theaters.It always prints picture deals in the making
Hey sadesdrk, please find out what that magazine your parents subscribe to for me. I also work at a theater.

Now With Moveable Parts
Hey jrs1013,it's called 'BoxOffice'It literaly is my cheaters handbook to the film industry.So keep it on the down low,I havn't been telling a lot of people.

MovieForums Extra
Yikes, definitely NOT Willie, nor Carey (besides, I thihk Carey's into more serious roles now)...Steve Martin might be good, or how about Martin Short?!

Now With Moveable Parts
Actually Martin Short is an interesting option.What do you think about my Johnny Depp?Someone said Kevin Spacey and that is the funniest thing yet!He is my all time favorite actor but the idea of him in Wanka-Vision is a laugh!That's like type casting Christopher Walkin as a Teletubbie!

MovieForums Extra
Somehow I can's see ol' Depp as Willie Wanka, he has too much of a serious face! As for Short, I even think he looks like Willie Wanka! It would be interesting to see, no doubt!

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Actually I think Spacey would be perfect.

Spacey looks a bit gruff for the part, I think. Wilder has a boyish look to him...the kind of look that Martin Short has. Short would be good, and I completely, 100% maintain that Carrey would do a fabulous job in this role, assuming he was keen on it enough to throw himself into it. After The Truman Show, and Man on the Moon, I'm a believer in his talent.

I don't think Depp would be good for this part. To be frank, there's something about Depp I just don't like. The only movie he really, truly seemed to fit in, for me, was "Sleepy Hollow."

MovieForums Extra
Yep, I can confidently say that Man On The Moon is easily Carey's best work to date. He's talented allright, otherwise Milos Foreman wouldn't have gone with him! Perhaps he would be a good Willie, but I don't see him doing those kinds of roles any more (I think he's trying to distance himself from the genre)!

Oh, no doubt, he's cutting down on goofy movies -- but I don't think of the role of Willy Wonka as being all that goofy. There's some goofiness, but Wonka tends to remain serious and calm throughout the craziness.

Oh, I think Jim Carrey would be spectacular, and Kevin Spacey would be superb. Both are wonderfully talented actors.

Concerning Carrey, I think he's one of the best actors in Hollywood these days, and he was robbed of an Oscar for the Truman Show. He wasn't even nominated!!!! I think his performance in Man on the Moon was good, but not great.

Hhaha, I bet you could make a dirty version called Willy Wanker

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Originally posted by Steve N.
Hhaha, I bet you could make a dirty version called Willy Wanker
I'm sure it's been done!