Black Swan

Tools    

Okay so sorry if there is already a thread about this i went through some and couldnt find it,dont really want to look through 100 pages, (it has to be somewhere, would be pretty surprised if not), so if there is i guess send me a link. But I am beyond stoked for Darren Aronofsky's next film Black Swan. About two rival ballet dancers(Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis). I guess things go wrong for Portman's character and she "begins a downward spiral mentally". Sounds like classic Aronofsky to me and I CANNOT WAIT. Pretty sure its in post production though there is no release date yet. ugh.

I'm just an ordinary guy with nothing to lose.
After Requiem for a Dream, The Fountain and The Wrestler, I can't expect nothing less than awesome for this next work! And I'm also betting that this will be Portman's greatest performance since Closer.

The only thing that worries me is Mila Kunis' lack of talent outweight his beauty and compromises the quality of the movie

Anyway, don't wanna talk too much about this one, its release date's probably far away and I torture myself waiting for it, hah.

If this turns out to be as dark as it's being made out to be, it'll take my favorite for the year, especially considering how poor theater has been for the past couple years even. There's hardly any interviews about this film though, and Natalie Portman keeps saying the ending has changed at least 4 times so obviously we're intended to enter with a clean slate. All I know is that the soundtrack will be ****ing awesome

"The film features Natalie Portman as Nina, a New York ballerina in the New York City Ballet who is tormented by a rival who might or might not be a figment of the dancer's imagination. Mila Kunis plays Lilly, Nina's rival, and the strange occurrences between the two increasing as they prepare for a big performance.

Alongside Portman and Kunis, the film co-stars Vincent Cassel, Barbara Hershey and Winona Ryder.."

[ropeofsilicon]

I absolutely can't wait for this release. Two of my greatest love's - Aronofsky and Natalie Portman!

EDIT: OH!!!! and Clint Mansell!!!! OMGAWD I CANT WAIT

The direction seems to be quite good

Fascinating trailer. Started off one way and completely changed direction. The music in the trailer was very good too. Looks very, very interesting.

Saw Natalie and Mila kissing in the trailer last night.

That's big, ADMIT ONE please!

And the movie thing seems pretty good too.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I was suppose to see this at TIFF with a buddy. The bastard took his EX-girlfriend.

He raved about it though, gave it a 10/10.

Suspect's Reviews

Semper Fooey
I'm not a big fan of the director, He can be overwrought and pretentious. But the trailer looks good, even though Kunis still sounds like a Valley girl. I see the budget was 17 million dollars, a pittance these days.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
it looks interesting, but i'm not sure. the beginning of the trailer looks good, but then it kinda veers off and looks like your typical modern-day thriller.

however, after the Curious Case of Benjamin Button, i've learned not to judge something based on the trailer, so i will be seeing this!

Looks interesting... the last shot was the hook for me with the red eyes and the "feather"...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I don't know about the music video marketing (techno? really?), but I really can not wait to see this damn movie. This video could've been better, but I like the glimpse of crazy you get to see at the end.

Definitely looking forward to this. Aronofsky made a fan out of me with The Wrestler, and even though I don't care for his other work much, he is undeniably talented. I like how the trailer hints at unpredictability of the film. I predict a four star film here.

I have no desire to see most films, this is a little better than that, as I have little to no desire to see it. If there's little else out there (which is probably the case) I might take a peek.

Not that it really matters, but I hate the poster, too.