title for slasher film, killer becomes prey

Tools    

i only have a vague memory of a trailer i saw years ago, but here goes:

killer isnt the supernatural type, but the serial stalker

victim really embodies the "final girl" type, woman in her 20's/30's

i wanna say the victim wasn't just fighting for survival, but for some type of vengeance? she may have lost friends to the killer...

she slips into her surroundings (the forest?) and stalks the killer, think arnold in predator

may have a high energy feel, probably was an indie for sure

any hope for me???

movie must have been released 5 or 10 years ago?

more...

basically a woman starts out as prey, then turns the table on the killer...

set in the forest, i think. maybe a cabin...

I don't know this title. It isn't the type of film that I like. However, I recall seeing a movie poster, or DVD cover, just like this, just last year. It was of a girl with blond hair, in the woods, with either a machete, or some sort of chainsaw. It's a seriously violent tool/weapon. She is the victim, as were her friends, if memory serves. In the end, she was going after the bad guy/guys. It has to be that movie. I feel so sure. The cover has her in a white t-shirt, or muscle shirt, and blue jeans. She is dirty, bloody, and holding the weapon down on the right side of her. She is facing us, of course. She is in the woods, and the picture is at night. If memory serves, she has very short, thin hair. She is also very thin.

I only name all of this so that maybe it will help someone else remember the title.

Maybe the French flick Haute Tension - High Tension (2004), a.k.a. Switchblade Romance? I found the ending an incredible cheat that killed the whole dumb flick for me, but some genre fans went nuts for it.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I think that Holden's got it (as usual.) I share his take on the film, too. I wasn't that impressed with it before that ending, but the ending was just ridiculous. The moment I decided that, what I termed "Shyamalanitis" had gone too far.

I think that Holden's got it (as usual.) I share his take on the film, too. I wasn't that impressed with it before that ending, but the ending was just ridiculous. The moment I decided that, what I termed "Shyamalanitis" had gone too far.

It's not so much M. Night-ish a twist, it's the same kind of nonsense Donald Kaufman was trying to pull off in Adaptation...

WARNING: "Adaptation/High Tension" spoilers below
DONALD KAUFMAN
You wanna hear my pitch?

CHARLIE KAUFMAN
Go away, g
oddamn it!

DONALD
You know, I'm just trying to do something...Hey,
thanks a lot, buddy. Cool...Okay, there's this
serial killer, right?

Charlie groans, lies back down, stares at the ceiling.

DONALD (CONT'D)
No, wait! And he's being hunted by a cop. And
he's taunting the cop, right? Sending clues who
his next victim is. He's already holding her hostage
in his creepy basement. So the cop gets
obsessed with figuring out her identity, and in
the process falls in love with her. Even though
he's never met her. She becomes, like, the
unattainable. Like the Holy Grail.

CHARLIE
It's a little obvious, don't you think?

DONALD
Okay, but there's a twist. We find out that the
killer really suffers from multiple personality
disorder. Right? See, he's actually really the
cop and the girl. All of them are him! Isn't that
fu*ked up?

CHARLIE
The only idea more overused than serial
killers is the multiple personality. On top of
that, you explore the notion that cop and
criminal are really two aspects of the same
person. See every other cop movie ever made
for other examples of this!

DONALD
Mom called it psychologically taut.

CHARLIE
The other thing is, there's no way to write
this. Did you consider that? I mean, how could
you have somebody held prisoner in a basement
and working at a police station at the same time?

DONALD
Trick photography?

CHARLIE
Okay, that's not what I'm asking. Listen closely.
What I'm asking is, in the reality of this movie,
where there's only one character, right? Okay?
How could you... What exactly would you...

Donald waits blankly. Kaufman gives up, gets out of bed.

CHARLIE (CONT'D)
I agree with Mom. Very taught. "Sybill" meets, I
don't know... "Dressed to Kill".

And later...

DONALD
I'm putting in a chase sequence. So the killer
flees on horseback with the girl. Cop's after
them on a motorcycle. And it's like a battle
between motors and horses, like technology
versus horse.

CHARLIE
And they're still all one person, right?

DONALD
That's the big pay-off.

CHARLIE
It sounds exciting.

I think that Holden's got it (as usual.)
Minus the title, I didn't exactly do so bad . . . you know . . . when you add the fact that I've never seen it. Wait a minute . . . the t-shirt's gray, not white. Never mind!

It's not so much M. Night-ish a twist, it's the same kind of nonsense Donald Kaufman was trying to pull off in Adaptation...
I agree it's not the type of twist he'd use. It's just that 'the twist' became something that was used throughout the last decade, often as a way of making something seem more intelligent or better than it actually was. Haute Tension was a prime example of that, IMO.

A system of cells interlinked
Loved Adaptation - hated High Tension - Gothika was almost as bad with the ridiculous twist, too.

thats the one! again, you guys make it look easy. thank you for lending your talents on this one, cant wait to see it and be disappointed

btw, will admins change thread to "answered"? or am i missing something?

btw, will admins change thread to "answered"? or am i missing something?
You gotta OK the answer, first. Holden answered mine right. I had no idea if we were still on the same page with your's.