Mount Rushmore of Cinema

Tools    

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Who would be on your Mount Rushmore of cinema? (Don't think there is a thread for this, anyway) Can be directors, actors, producers, etc. whatever you think fits.

For me it would go like this:

Alfred Hitchcock- I think that Alfred Hitchcock really had a huge say in movie history. He has so many masterpieces that are just plain brilliant.

Clint Eastwood- Perhaps one of the best behind the camera of all time, not to mention a brilliant actor himself. Masterpieces like Unforgiven, Million Dollar Baby and Mystic River are all time classics. He has great range in acting as well, from Westerns like The Good the bad and the ugly to dramas such as Gran Torino.

Denzel Washington- Just in my opinion the best actor in hollywood today. He turns every one of his roles into a success. He makes characters come to life and you can see the emotions that his characters go thru and makes them practically real.

The fourth spot was a tough one for me, but I am going with Morgan Freeman. Again the guy has a lot of range and like Denzel he makes his characters seem so real. He is in so many great movies as well that's why he gets the nod from me.

So many good movies, so little time.
I'd go with

Charlie Chaplin, Jack Nicholson, Katharine Hepburn and Akira Kurosawa.

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."- Groucho Marx

Mine's a very old mountain and obviously it's carved somewhere in Japan and it's reserved for Directors:

Kenji Mizoguchi
Yasjurio Ozu
Akira Kurosawa

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Cool question.

It can be a mix of mugs from different professions within the profession?

Orson Welles - duh!
Marlon Brando - duh!
Stanley Kubrick - duh!

and the fourth spot?

John Wayne

And yes I tried to pick Americans, as it is Mount Rushmore. Though someone did mention they would sculpt theirs outside of South Dakota.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

And yes I tried to pick Americans, as it is Mount Rushmore. Though someone did mention they would sculpt theirs outside of South Dakota.
I took the question to mean that it was a Mount Rushmore of Cinema, not actually Mount Rushmore. Therefore, not in America or anywhere in particular.

I should've found smaller pics for me Mount Drewmore, then posting them horizontally wouldn't have been a problem. I posted them that way as that's how it would've looked.

Hitchcock
Brando
Welles
aaaandd
Deniro

I am Jack's sense of overused quote
This is interesting. I think it's not simply the best. I think you have to be a) recognizable, b) talented, and c) important to film. I also think you have to represent actors, directors, and writiers. My list:

1) Woody Allen
2) Alfred Hitchcock
3) Charlie Chaplin
4) Katherine Hepburn

Tough! Good topic, rauldc14! When I read all posts, I was thinking about who I should pick four persons. I agree with gohangsrage about the criteria for Mount Rushmore of Cinema.

This is interesting. I think it's not simply the best. I think you have to be a) recognizable, b) talented, and c) important to film. I also think you have to represent actors, directors, and writiers. My list:

1) Woody Allen
2) Alfred Hitchcock
3) Charlie Chaplin
4) Katherine Hepburn

Here is my list.
1. Clint Eastwood
2. Charlie Chaplin
3. Alfred Hitchcock
4. Tom Hanks

All actors, directors and writers together is very challenge for me! Tom Hanks may be too young for Mount Rushmore of Cinema.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Despite the fact that this is probably considered racist, in the context of Mount Rushmore, I'd go with D.W. Griffith, Douglas Fairbanks, Charles Chaplin and Lillian Gish.

These four will do:

"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

David O'Selznick
Alfred Hitchcock
Charlie Chaplin
Louis B. Mayer

Cool thread. Going off the criteria of important to film, recognizable, and talented, I'd go with...

1.) Charlie Chaplin- there really isn't room for debate here, he fits all three
2.) Alfred Hitchcock
3.) Orson Welles
4.) Yasujiro Ozu