Movie that ends in narration

Tools    

Okay, I am looking for a movie that ends in a short narration, probably something that someone said earlier in the movie (that someone is now dead). preferably the main character dies, but this is optional lol. it should be a tearjerker or drama, something like that.

Thank you very much, I know this is very specific and random lol

edit: similar to life as a house, however the movie can be any genre (scifi, whatever). Also, for some reason, I am picturing the narration being done while the camera swoops over a field or something, again, not a requirement, just an idea.

I am half agony, half hope.
Doesn't The Shawshank Redemption end with Red walking the beach repeating something Andy wrote in a letter to him? That might be your cup of tea.

Johann von Goethe

This one's a tear-jerking drama...

SE7EN (1995 - David Fincher)
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote, 'The world is a
fine place, and worth fighting for'. I agree with the
second part."
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Semper Fooey
I didn't realize this was posted in December. With one post, I don't know if he or she is still checking in.

Okay, I am looking for a movie that ends in a short narration, probably something that someone said earlier in the movie (that someone is now dead). preferably the main character dies, but this is optional lol. it should be a tearjerker or drama, something like that.

Thank you very much, I know this is very specific and random lol

edit: similar to life as a house, however the movie can be any genre (scifi, whatever). Also, for some reason, I am picturing the narration being done while the camera swoops over a field or something, again, not a requirement, just an idea.
Moby Dick with Gregory Peck as Captain Ahab begins and ends with narration. So does Zulu. So does The Lady from Shanghai.

For Whom the Bell Tolls ends with narration (Gary Cooper thinking to himself).

Semper Fooey
The Haunting, too, I think, first version, from the just died Julie Harris character.

And the narrator of Sunset Boulevard is dead, but isn't around for the ending.

I didn't realize this was posted in December. With one post, I don't know if he or she is still checking in.
I'll email them tonight, after I get home. Maybe they used a legit email. I was thinking about doing some of the newer unanswered threads like that anyway.

American Beauty?