Phone Booth

Tools    

Is anyone looking forward to this movie? It's about his guy who picks up a ringing receiver in the telephone booth and is then told that if he hangs up he will be killed. It sounds like an okay plot. This movie kind of reminds me of Rear Window in some ways.

It is going to be released sometime next year, which would probably explain why you hadn't heard of it yet. Colin Farrell will star in it as the guy in the phone booth and Ron Eldard will play the sniper. I don't think that they have an offical site yet.

oops, u beat me and answered my question already. -Brian
[Edited by xboxfan on 12-02-2000]

Female assassin extraordinaire.
from hsx.com:

Amid strong competition for Larry Cohen's script back in 1998, 20th Century Fox beat out several other major studios for the rights to Phone Booth. The film will use the title as the location of its only setting, and follow a man who answers a ringing pay phone only to discover that he is in the sights of a sniper. As the real-time thriller unfolds, the man must remain on the line to stay alive.

Before director Joel Schumacher took on the project, several other directors have been attached before, including Michael Bay and the Hughes Brothers. As for actors, Will Smith, Jim Carrey, Tom Cruise and Nicolas Cage had all expressed interest in the unique project at one time or another. Schumacher will ring up newcomer Colin Farrell, the star of his latest film Tigerland. Forest Whitaker, Ron Eldard, and Radha Mitchell will round out the cast.

So, it's a movie of a guy standing in a payphone booth for a 90 minute or so movie because he can't hang up the receiver without getting shot by that paramedic from ER?

I guess they'll save a fortune on sets.