Michael Jackson's This Is It

→ in
Tools    

Michael Jackson's This Is It

5 out of 5

THIS IS IT is an extraordinary look at a pop genius and perfectionist at work. He truly was the King of Pop. The crowd I was watching the movie with were waving their arms, singing along, laughing, cheering for Michael, and dancing in their seats. In other words, it was a celebration of Michael's contribution to the world, his music, dancing, and singing. For once, a jam packed theatre forgot about all the controversies surrounding this legend and, for 2 hours, remembered why they loved Michael Jackson in the first place. It is this feeling and this impression that will stay on now and forever.

The movie gives you this overwhelming sense of loss and sadness, too, that Michael Jackson did not live to make this concert, or series of concerts I must say. You see him smiling out of joy at the end of some rehearsals (especially that small grin he makes at the end of the They Don't Care About Us number, which will make you smile, and tear up maybe just a bit). You also see him argue with his musical conductors (out of love) about the arrangements of the music. You see him leaping, falling to the ground with his feet in the air, complaining about his ear piece feeling like a fist being jammed into his ear, and telling his director, Kenny Ortega, that he loves him. You hear him making a prayer for the earth, and his brothers and parents by name (a scene that moved me).

Michael was an amazing person that the world chose to turn on, humiliate, and make fun of. They're not making fun of you now, Michael. Rest in peace. And, yes, I love you, too!

That poster is great!