Movies that deal in Rape or Attempted Rape?

Tools    

Movie Fan
I am watching the movie Extremites with Farrah Fawcett (RIP) and i was just wandering what other movies are there that deal in rape as the storyline.

I know of:
The Accused (Jodie Foster)
Jaded (Carla Gugino)
Eye for an Eye (Sally Field)
Speak (Kristin Stewart)

I know there are more i just can't think of them and if someone posted this before, i am sorry.

Making a difference
Monster- Charlize Theron

The first one that popped into my mind was Straw Dogs directed by Sam Peckinpah and starring Susan George and Dustin Hoffman. Also A Streetcar Named Desire with Vivien Leigh and Marlon Brando.

Another that I know of but have never seen is Hounddog with Dakota Fanning.

Although it's not the main focus of the film, Gran Torino has a rape in it.

Let's not forget male rape either, such as in Pulp Fiction and Deliverence.

There's also the old demon/devil rape as in Rosemary's Baby and technology rape as in The Demon Seed.

EDIT: Sorry you said "story line." I guess I'm tired, but I'll let my post stand anyway.

Pulp Fiction has such a scene. You'll find tons more with IMDB's keyword tool.

By the by, I'm not the only one creeped out when some new member asks something like this, right? I mean, they can't all be writing essays.

By the by, I'm not the only one creeped out when some new member asks something like this, right? I mean, they can't all be writing essays.

No, you're not the only one. I was just about to ask them why they were so interested in such scenes...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

In A Time to Kill (Samuel L. Jackson), two hillbilly rednecks rape and nearly kill a twelve (ish) year-old girl. Then there's The Hills Have Eyes remake which I think contains one of the most intense rape scenes I've ever seen in a movie.

Regarding this subject, those two films are the first that come to my mind.

My Movie Review Thread | My Top 100

Nope, not the only one. I think all of us got the "red flag" alerts popping off.

I'm a bit concerned about the OP's motives as well.

But, anyway, there is an attempted rape (by two men) of Marissa Tomei's character in Untamed Heart. It's not the focus of the film, but it is important to it's plot.

Also, Hilary Swank's character in Boys Don't Cry gets raped.

Edit: Thought of a few others (all starring Malcolm McDowell - and he is the rapist in each of them, which is one of the reasons I can't stand him. He creeps me out).

Caligula
A Clockwork Orange
I'll Sleep When I'm Dead

Semper Fooey
The attempt is made on Rita Hayworth in They Came to Cordura, but since it's from the 1950's, they don't get very far.

Thought of another one: Casualties Of War

A young Vietnamese woman is kidnapped, raped and ultimately murdered by a group of American soldiers during the Vietnam War.

It's not shown on-screen, but Wild Bill in The Green Mile rapes and murders two young girls.

In the movie Quills, the character Bouchon is incited by the words of the Marquis de Sade and attempts to rape the character Madeleine.

My suggestion was already said, pass.

Actually, there's a brutal scene in Irreversible.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

I remember Gina Davis getting assaulted in a parking lot, but did either of the girls get full-on raped in Thelma & Louise, Caity? It's been a while.

I think the OP asked for movies that deal with rape as the storyline. There are MANY, many movies that suggest it, hint at it or mention it.

I've been trying to get Hollywood to greenlight a film for years in which I play a young gay attractive male who gets gang bang raped by Jake Gyllenhaal, Brad Pitt, Bruce Willis, Hugh Jackman and Jean Claude Van Damme (all playing themselves) but, alas, they won't do it.

Not enough money.