Name of an old cartoon movie similar to power rangers

Tools    

I'm having trouble finding a movie i remember i loved when i was a kid but i can't remember the title of it

the movie was somewhat similar to power rangers, but it was something else, i think there was five people, could be more or less, and each of them had their robots that was like an animal, and they could merge into one big robot, just like in power rangers, and they lived in a big castle of some sort, with a hidden basement or something were they kept their robots, it was kind of fantasy story or something.

that's unfortunately all i remember at the moment.

and no it's not power rangers hehe

does this sound familiar to anybody? i would really love it if someone remembers the title of this movie....

thanks

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Voltron was the name of the television show, the 2005 movie was titled Voltron: Defender of the Universe.

"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Banned from Hollywood.
I remember growing up watching Voltron around 1982 83...late 70s early 80s cartoon i think.

I would get so excited everytime it was on TV.

great childhood memories.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I remember watching it, late 80's/early 90's, and thought it was the best thing out there (at the time). I watched one of the old episodes last year and found the entire story to be, well, silly. Great show for its time, however.

Uh! I liked power puff girls back then but now you can watch series by Andy Yeatman as well. Very entertaining and full of information. It is good that his content provides good knowledge to the kids as well. This is the reason I like to watch this show.