Let Me In

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Well, the remake of Let The Right One In is underway and the director is Matt Reeves. You may remember him from the much hyped Cloverfield.

The remake is titled Let Me In.

Here are two posters.

Suspect's Reviews

What was wrong with the original title?

"Let the right one in" sounded spooky

"let me in" just makes me want to say 'No, you cant come in'.

The original is in my to see list, so im gonna have to see that one first, but i hope is as good a reamke as the Ring.

Nice find thx.

Via Horror-Movies.ca :

Matt Reeves talked with the Los Angeles Times about the upcoming remake of Let The Right One In. LA Times credits him as recreating the monster genre which is a bold statement but I think most of the credit probably goes to JJ Abrams. When asked about the original film he told them;

"I was just hooked," "I was so taken with the story and I had a very personal reaction. It reminded me a lot of my childhood, with the metaphor that the hard times of your pre-adolescent, early adolescent moment, that painful experience is a horror."

Let The Right One In is one of the best vampire films ever made and the sheer though of it being made makes my head hurt. I just dont see how Hollywood can do the film justice. Matt Reeves is aware that fans of the original are not keen on the remake and tells the LA Times;

"There's definitely people who have a real bull's-eye on the film," Reeves said, "and I can understand because of people's' love of the [original] film that there's this cynicism that I'll come in and trash it, when in fact I have nothing but respect for the film. I'm so drawn to it for personal and not mercenary reasons, my feeling about it is if I didn't feel a personal connection and feel it could be its own film, I wouldn't be doing it. I hope people give us a chance."

I'm not horrified at the idea. The author of the novel the original film was based on has expressed enthusiasm at the idea, partically because Let Me In is simply going to retell the story from the novel, and won't be geared as a remake of Let the Right One In. This is, if you're going to make the film, the way to do it, I'd say.

Doesn't mean it'll be any good, but it gives me hope that it might not be bad. I'll be interested to see which elements which were left out of the other version will be added back in for this one.

I loved Let the Right One In and really want to read the book... but apparently I need to tie a string around my finger because I keep forgetting to pick it up.... anyhow, I'm really interested in seeing this version too... could be just the angle of the shot, but those kids in the poster look a little younger than the ones in Let the Right One In to me....

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I started watching Let the Right One In, but had a crying baby that wouldn't let me watch it. Of course, the baby isn't going anywhere, so I hope I can find time to watch it again some time soon.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I loved Let the Right One In and really want to read the book... but apparently I need to tie a string around my finger because I keep forgetting to pick it up.... anyhow, I'm really interested in seeing this version too... could be just the angle of the shot, but those kids in the poster look a little younger than the ones in Let the Right One In to me....
You may be right; in any event, they're certainly not much older, which was apparently the main concern that devotees of the first film had when they heard about this one: that they'd make the kids older and turn it more into an adolescent kinda thing. Glad to see they aren't.

My life isn't written very well.
Holden actually turned me on to this movie. I really, really liked it. Hope the redo does it justice.

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Let Me In is a remake of the 2008 Swedish Film Let The Right One In, Ive just come across the first Teser trailer and I have to say it looks like a very good watch. I havent seen Let The Right One In but these are two films im eger to get my hands on

Let Me In is a 2010 American horror film directed by Matt Reeves based on the novel Let the Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvist and the Swedish film adaptation of the same name. It tells the story of a 12-year-old boy who develops a friendship with a vampire child in a New Mexico town in the early 1980s.[2] The first trailer for the film was released online on July 1, 2010.

They show Let The Right One In on FX sometimes, n3wt. It's a good film. This looks much more of a generic horror film and it also looks like it's set in the present day, whereas the original was set in the 80's. I'm still interested enough to take a look at this remake, though. I'm hoping that this new incarnation of Hammer might deliver some decent horror films into the cannon.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I will check out FX every now and again to see if it is on

Im sure this is ment to be set in the 80's also, but the location is different from the original.

Everything everyone is saying about this is true: yes, the original was an excellent film. Yes, a remake does feel a little unnecessary. But yes, this does look awfully good all the same. And if it exposes more people to the story, and brings more attention to the original (as it undeniably will), then I'm cool with it.

To be fair, I'm pretty sure that more people will see Let the Right One In as a result of this remake, there's reason to believe the remake will be pretty good, and I doubt it will cost a particularly large amount of movie.

But point taken.

To be fair, I'm pretty sure that more people will see Let the Right One In as a result of this remake...
I'm not trying to argue but I personally have never noticed a situation like that, it's usually people around here see the remake without even knowing of the source (Dinner For Schmucks being the most recent example), and just ignore it. But if what you say is true than I'm quite glad that happens

I will never see this. Let the Right One In is spectacular. I miss talking to Swedish Chef about the flick. He and I took all of the credit for everyone on this board seeing this back in 2008 you know. That's how we roll.

But you all go and play your Foosball then.

I will never understand why we can't just promote an excellent film from another country rather than wasting ludicrous amounts of money tarnishing it.
Because the people making money out of this film can't make any money out of the original film. That's the real answer, if you're interested.

I'm sure most people who see it don't know anything about the source initially, but afterwards, it's inevitable that some of them will find out. A fair number of people will see this new movie, and quite a few of them are bound to look into it a little, and anyone who does will find out that it's a remake, and at least some of them are bound to give it a go. More than would have if there'd been no American version to introduce them to it, at least.

It's mixed, because on one hand it'd probably be better to see the original first (assuming the remake doesn't buck the odds and actually trump it, or equal it), but on the other hand release a remake in America and promoting it is bound to turn some people onto the original. I'll leave it to someone else to parse out whether or not this is a net positive or a net negative, but since it's bound to help someone find the original, and the original still exists just the same for anyone who's already seen it, I'd lean towards it being a positive.