Al Pacino vs Robert De niro

Tools    

ive seen almost all of there movies which of these two men in your mind is better...

DeNiro, no contest. His eight flicks with Scorsese alone put him way in the lead of just about anybody, including Pacino.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Deniro. Everything you need to know about life I learned from Robert.

De Niro is great, but HE CAN'T CRY! Learn how to to cry, you macho man, you!

B&W
Who the hell gives if he can cry or not?

No one wants to see him cry.

Pacino's best was Dog Day Afternoon.

De Niro's best was Raging Bull.

Pacino's performance is better.

But for longevity, Pacino hasn't had a great performance since the 70s. De Niro has been great in The King of Comedy, Godfather Part II, Heat - that's at least one a decade.

But I'll go for Pacino. He seems like a nicer guy.

I think you can't really say one is better than the other. They are both fantastic actors. I can say that they are better than Keanu Reeves though. That is a fact.

WWW.FUSIONARENA.COM

Originally posted by firegod
De Niro is great, but HE CAN'T CRY! Learn how to to cry, you macho man, you!
Wha!! You obviously havent seen Raging Bull then. The scene where DeNiro is banging his head against the wall and crying is probably one of his best scenes on film!

Originally posted by TWTCommish
More modern day: Analyze This! Good goofy De Niro blubbering. I dig it. Oh, and welcome you two. Brad/berich.
Hey thanks for the welcome! Nice forums here!

B&W
But for longevity, Pacino hasn't had a great performance since the 70s.
YOu didn't like Any Given Sunday?

No, I didn't. I thought Any Given Sunday was a mess. It was Oliver Stone out of control and that's never good. His hyperactive editing worked well on JFK and Natural Born Killers but it was unnecessary for a football movie. And Pacino just shouted a lot like he's done in every movie for the last 10 years.

His best performance in the 90s was in Dick Tracy and that's not a compliment.

I think Al Pacino is the better actor but I like De Niro better. Both are extrodianry though.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by morbidodyssey
I think Al Pacino is the better actor but I like De Niro better. Both are extrodianry though.
That's...so enlightening. Anyone got an argument for that?

PACINO, AL. I think he is great. De niro is one of the funniest actors for me. Have you seen 15 minutes ? Craked me up when he was talking to the mirror, practising his proposal.

Ha Ha Ha HA ..... PIZZA'S HERE!

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Writerdirect
De niro is one of the funniest actors for me. Have you seen 15 minutes ? Craked me up when he was talking to the mirror, practising his proposal.

15 Minutes was crap. I don't know what the hell DeNiro was thinking. A better example of his humor would be, Meet the Parents or Analyze This. I just really have a hard time understanding why DeNiro did such a sh!tty-@ss movie, really burns me, because he can afford to make better desicions about what he does...

15 minutes was EXCELLENT! in the words of bill and ted. EXCELLENT!

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Writerdirect
15 minutes was EXCELLENT! in the words of bill and ted. EXCELLENT!
Okay...it so was not excellent. It totally, and completely sucked. I hated every stupid, poorly written/directed/acted, second of it.