Night Watch and Day Watch

Tools    

\m/ Fade To Black \m/

I just picked up these two movies in a boxset for £5, I havent seen these before or heard anything about them but ive checked the trailers and they seem like a very good watch.

These are Russian movies based on vampires and shapeshifters who are in a truce which have lasted 1000's of years but then a war breaks out. So im looking forward to watching these, hopefully I have got a bargin here and im wondering if anyone has seen them and what did you think?

I too was intrigued by the trailer for these so I went out and bought Night Watch but to me it was just one big incoherent story line with some cool visuals. really was not impressed at all and haven't bothered seeing Day Watch

one big incoherent story line with some cool visuals.
I agree. The world its set in was so vast, with soo many beings...in the end I didn't know what was what and was left thoroughly confused.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I was going to watch nightwatch last night but the little one was unwell with teething so didnt get a chance to watch, Im going to check them out tonight, fingercrossed anyway

With the information given Id watch them too. Sometimes its good to be told its bad beforehand so your anticipation doesnt disappoint you. Though in the case of Wild Wild West it didnt matter.

I thought they were pretty fun flicks, very nice visual design as well.

But, make sure you watch Night Watch beforehand or Day Watch will make absolutely no sense. For double the fun, watch them back to back. Both films go together so well that it feels like watching a 4 1/2 hour movie, rather than a double feature.

Judging by your top 10 list n3wt, I think you'd get a kick out of em.

I really liked Nightwatch and I have Daywatch, but I haven't seen it yet. I thought I'd better watch Nightwatch again before I saw Daywatch. I have the directors cut boxset too (which is what I'm assuming you've got) but I've not seen either of those.

They're supposed to be a trilogy (a proper trilogy, not just an original and two sequels) but I've not heard any word about the last one.

The last one is a being produced in America i believe under 20th Century Fox. I have both and pretty much enjoyed them, though they are quite messy films, gets a bit lost under subtitles and the flash if you don't think about it

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I watched Night Watch last night and really enjoyed it and im looking forward to checking out the 2nd (most probably tonight) I have read that the third movie, Twilight Watch is underway but im not sure much more on it. Also there is supposedly going to be a series based on the movies, I dont know if it will be any good but I will give it a go as I really enjoyed the 1st movie. My wife also thought it was a great movie and she isnt really a fan of subtitled films, but she was hooked